Gosselin Divorce Final ... Finally
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 18th 2009 12:08PM
After a well-publicized and scandal-marked separation, the divorce of Jon and Kate Gosselin is final, TMZ reports. Judge Arthur Tilson has signed the papers, making the Gosselin marriage officially over. Kate calls the process "challenging" and says that the family's next step will be "restructuring our lives."
Kate says, "I am very relieved that our divorce has been finalized, and I look forward to the New Year, focusing on our children." Her lawyer adds that Kate "will continue to reside with all eight of her children in the former marital home."
The lawyer, Mark Momjian, says, "We are very pleased with the final outcome."
Judge Tilson signed the documents following an arbiter's decision on dividing the couple's assets, despite a recent statement from Jon's camp suggesting the divorce would not be finalized until early 2010.
A report on MSNBC says that the papers were filed in spite of a last-minute holdup: Jon's gun. He was spotted shooting a .38 pistol on the couple's Pennsylvania property. On Thursday, a judge issued a court order barring the gun from the property; whether the ban remains a part of the final divorce agreement in unclear.
Jon and Kate Gosselin
Jon and Kate Gosselin are finally, officially single. Take a look at the couple who owned the tabloid covers of 2009.
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amber Portwood's Father, Shawn Portwood, Sr., Dead at 50 After Liver Surgery
- Taylor Swift Screams, Pulls Her Hair on Hollywood Reporter Cover, Says Spotify Decision Caused Other Artists to Thank Her
- Victoria Beckham Actually Loves Going Without Makeup, Easy Hair -- How Very Un-Posh!
- Rapper 'Bobby Shmurda' arrested in gang-related drug case
- North Korea connected to Sony attack as company cancels Dec. 25 release of 'The Interview'
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question