Tiger Woods: Week In Review - Athlete of the Decade, HGH Rumors, Dropped Sponsors
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 18th 2009 07:28PM
Tiger Woods' sex scandal is, like, the biggest thing to hit the Internet since that dancing baby gif. Perhaps it's presumptuous of us to assume you missed out on anything that went down. But you're a human, and you've gotta blink every once in a while. This is the very eventful week that was for the world's greatest golfer.
Sunday – Dec. 13:
Accenture Cuts Ties with Tiger - Business consulting firm Accenture PLC becomes the first major sponsor to drop Tiger from its payroll. After evaluating "the circumstances of the last two weeks," the company determined Tiger is "no longer the right representative."
Monday – Dec. 14:
Elin Pumps Gas Sans Ring - E! Online and various other sources publish pictures of Elin Nordegren pumping gas without her wedding band. Nobody is shocked yet everyone flocks for a viewing.
Tiger Doc in Trouble – The New York Times reports Canadian Dr. Anthony Galea is under investigation for providing performance-enhancing drugs to professional athletes. Galea is said to have paid several house calls to Tiger while the golfer recovered from knee surgery in 2008.
Tuesday – Dec. 15:
Chuck Clucks – TNT basketball analyst, former baller, and Tiger's friend Charles Barkley says he hasn't spoken to Woods since the Nov. 27 car crash. "I've been trying to get to him and can't get to him," Barkley said in an interview scheduled to air on HLN Sunday. "Hey, man, we love you," Barkley continued. "If you need anything, pick up the phone."
Upper Deck Holds Tight – The sports card maker announces it is sticking by Tiger's side.
Wednesday – Dec. 16:
Athlete of the Decade – Woods receives 56 of 142 votes cast by members of the U.S. press to beat out Lance Armstrong and Roger Federer for the honor. More than half of the ballots are returned after the Nov. 27 accident that kicked off Tiger's sex scandal. "I didn't think that was enough to change my vote," Mike Strain, sports editor for the Tulsa World tells reporters. "I thought he was a transcendent sports figure."
Thursday – Dec. 17:
Golfer of the Year – The Golf Writers Association names Woods the male Player of the Year, after he wins 6 times in 17 events and takes home the season-long FedEx Cup title.
Friday – Dec. 18:
Tag Drops Tiger – Swiss watchmaker Tag Heuer kills its deal with Woods. CEO Jean-Christophe Babin says, "We recognize Tiger Woods as a great sportsman, but we have to take account of the sensitivity of some consumers in relation to recent events."
Off the HGHook – In the first good news for Tiger in a long time, The Buffalo News reports that Tiger Woods is not part of the criminal investigation into Dr. Anthony Galea, who allegedly provided PDEs to professional athletes. According to a source close to the investigation, "other athletes – but not Woods – could potentially wind up in trouble as a result of the federal investigation."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Jessica Hall Pregnant! Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Expecting First Child With Husband Kyle Carlson
- Armie Hammer's Wife Elizabeth Chambers Celebrates Baby Shower: Photos, Details
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- Polish town bans Winnie the Pooh mascot from playground for being hermaphrodite
- Bill Cosby's lawyer issues statement on rape allegations
- Bill Cosby's Florida standup performance greeted with standing ovation
- Is Another Duggar Off the Market? Get the Scoop on John-David's Relationship Status
- Pregnant Liv Tyler and Boyfriend Dave Gardner Are All Smiles at London Event
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Actually a Lovely Singer and "Hanging Tree" From Mockingjay Will Haunt Your Dreams: Listen!