Brittany Murphy Death: Last Photo, Autopsy & Response
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 21st 2009 10:10PM
Brittany Murphy was taken from us. Autopsy results won't be released for 4-6 weeks, and even then we may have only a vague idea of what killed the 32-year-old. We do know when Murphy was last seen in public. We know when she was found by her mother. And we know that her friends, family and fans are beyond sad to see her gone.
Brittany Murphy Death - The circumstances of Brittany Murphy's death are still very much a mystery. What is known is that Murphy was found unresponsive by her mother in the shower of her Hollywood Hills home on Sunday. A call was placed to 911 at 8:00 AM from the home, which is officially owned by Murphy's husband Simon Monjack, and paramedics reportedly found Murphy in full cardiac arrest when they arrived. According to TMZ, there was "a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area" and several prescriptions were found in the house. Various sources have reported Murphy was suffering from flu-like symptoms or laryngitis in the days leading up to her death. Murphy's mother told paramedics that the actress had a history of diabetes. No illegal substances were found in the house. Murphy "looked dead" while being taken out of the house by stretcher, according to a neighbor who witnessed the event. The actress was pronounced dead on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 10:04 AM.
Brittany Murphy Last Photo - Brittany Murphy "appeared skinnier than ever" when she was last seen in public for the opening of Tt Collection's Pop-Up shop in Los Angeles on Dec. 3, says UsMagazine.com. We don't think she looked any more undernourished than she appeared at various red carpets throughout her tragically shortened career (see the pics here).
Brittany Murphy Autopsy Results - Simon Monjack did not want an autopsy performed on his wife of 2 years. He did not get his wish. The procedure was conducted on Monday and at 5:39 PM TMZ reported it complete. According to a source, the body appeared "normal," and Murphy "did not appear overly thin." The cause of death has been "deferred" pending toxicology, tissue and brain tests which could take as long as 6 weeks to be completed.
Response - "The sudden loss of our beloved Brittany is a terrible tragedy," Monjack and Murphy's family said in a statement. Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy's 'Just Married' co-star, tweeted to his 4 million plus followers: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon." Perez Hilton tweeted: "Hollywood loses another bright soul....how many more? A decade of decadence and devastation. Time to wake up." Soleil Moon Frye, the actress who played Punky Brewster, tweeted: "RIP sweet Brittany. I will never forget the beautiful school girl you were and woman you became."
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Deaths
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"