Bobby McFerrin Steals the Show, Kim Peek and Arnold Stang Exit Stage Left
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 22nd 2009 11:53AM
"Don't Worry, Be Happy" songmeister Bobby McFerrin dominated in his cameo on the finale of NBC's 'The Sing-Off' last night. Take one view of his killer performance and you'll see why. Kim Peek, the savant genius who inspired Dustin Hoffman's character in 'Rain Man' passed away this weekend, as did legendary actor Arnold Stang. And Carrie Underwood flashed some bling at the Ottawa Senators game on Monday night. Learn about all this and more in What You're Searching For Today...
Arnold Stang – Arnold Stang was a versatile thespian. "He was really unique, because he could perform in any role, comedy or drama, he just loved it all," JoAnne Stang, the actor's wife of 60 years told reporters following his death from pneumonia on Sunday. Arnold Stang was 91. He was known for his nasally voice and playing sidekick to such actors as Frank Sinatra and Milton Berle in the '50s. In 1970 he appeared besides Arnold Schwarzenegger in his first film 'Hercules in New York,' and in the '80s he provided the voice for the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee.
Carrie Underwood Engaged – The biggest thing in country music is off the auction block and she wants you to know it. Carrie Underwood appeared at her new fiance Mike Fisher's NHL game last night rocking a flashy new engagement ring. According to Fisher's website, the two plan on tying the knot sometime next summer.
Kim Peek – Kim Peek had trouble with simple tasks like tying his shoes and toasting bread. That didn't keep him from committing over 9,000 books to memory, memorizing every major event of the last century by date, or inspiring Dustin Hoffman's character in the 1988 film 'Rain Man.' Peek, a megasavant, died in Salt Lake City, Utah on Saturday after suffering a major heart attack. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, the 58-year-old had been the subject of 2,800 newspaper and magazine articles and 22 documentaries.
Bobby McFerrin – The phenomenally talented singer of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" fame appeared on the finale of NBC's 'The Sing-Off' last night along with Boyz II Men and Smokey Robinson. But McFerrin stole the show. Don't believe us? Check the video above. And check out the full episode on Hulu.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Wears Two Very Different Crop Top Outfits at the iHeartRadio Music Festival ? See the Looks!
- Dierks Bentley "Say You Do" Music Video: Exclusive Photos From Sexy New Clip
- Mary-Kate Olsen Eats Out of Olivier Sarkozy's Hands: PDA GIF
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Woman has surgery to get a third breast, hopes to become a TV star
- Taylor Swift shows off sexiest look yet at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Elvis Presley's last girlfriend says she tried to convince him to live healthier lifestyle
- Mariska Hargitay on Her Former SVU Partner: Chris Meloni Made Me Better
- New Girl Sneak Peek: Jess Tries Online Dating and It's Just as Hilariously Awkward as You'd Imagine
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Sneak Peek: Meredith Confronts Her Newly Discovered Half-Sister (Yes, Another One) and Things Get Ugly!