Divorce Could Cost Tiger Woods $400M
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 22nd 2009 07:00AM
Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren thanks to the massive infidelity scandal plaguing the golf great could wind up being one of the most costly in history. In a report given exclusively to PopEater by Life & Style magazine, Woods may lose more than $400 million should he divorce his wife. Got that? $400+ million. U.S. Dollars! Details After the Jump!
The couple has reportedly been attending marital counseling in order to stave off a divorce, but their relationship is still quite rocky. Life & Style reports that Nordegren is intent on getting full custody of the couple's two children, which would also give her leverage when it comes to the couple's assets.
Celebrity divorce lawyer Raoul Felder tells the magazine that normally "the judge rules that [the mother] can go wherever she likes as long as it doesn't cut the father out of the children's life and make visitation difficult for him ... In Tiger's case, a judge will probably tell him that since he can afford his own plane, he can travel wherever he needs to."
Felder also says Elin should even be able to travel outside of the U.S. -- perhaps to her homeland of Sweden -- without getting approval from Tiger first, which is normal following a divorce.
Should the couple divorce, Tiger's massive fortune will also be up for joint custody in a sense. With his marriage, reputation and earning power all seemingly shot -- plus his golf career on an indefinite hiatus -- here's how Tiger's bankroll breaks down according to Life & Style's tally:
Jupiter Island home: $44,500,000.00
Windermere, Fla., home: $2,650,000.00
Jackson Hole, Wy., home: $32,500,000.00
Gatorade deal: $100,000,000.00
Nike deal: $100,000,000.00
Gillette deal: $10,000,000.00
Tiger Jam charity: $10,000,000.00
It should be noted that Nordegren would likely get a portion of this money, and that it also does not reflect any investments or losses the couple may have had during their marriage. For more details, pick up Life & Style, on newsstands 12/22!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting
- Rehab Vet Farrah Abraham Says ?I Have Faith In' Amber Portwood's Sobriety: ?Teen Mom' Frenemies No More
- Moving Trucks Spotted Outside Mariah Carey's Apartment Building ? Is This Really The End Of Her Marriage To Nick Cannon?
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Killing Fellow NASCAR Driver Kevin Ward Jr. —‘It Will Affect My Life Forever’