Most Talked About Award Show Moments
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 23rd 2009 01:00PM
Adam Lambert's AMAs performance (from almost a month ago) still has everyone talking, and it seems award shows in 2009 were filled with shock value. We predict that years from now, people will still be talking about Kanye West infamously interrupting Taylor Swift at the VMAs. When hundreds of celebrities are piled into one room, there is no guessing what will happen. Over the past decade, there have been plenty of unexpected award show moments, so let's take a look back at our top picks.
1. Madonna kisses Britney Spears (and let's not forget Christina Aguilera) during the 2003 MTV VMAs. We still love that the camera pans to a very bewildered Justin Timberlake.
2. We are still shocked re-watching Faith Hill lose her cool at the 2006 Country Music Awards when Carrie Underwood was announced as an award winner. Her reaction speaks for itself.
3. Bruno (played by actor Sacha Baron Cohen) drops in on Eminem at the MTV Movie Awards. Too bad the whole stunt wound up being fake.
4. While it was harmless, the media wouldn't quit talking about the alleged "kiss" between Angelina Jolie and her brother James Haven at the 2000 Oscars. Haven later admitted that he was just congratulating her for winning Best Supporting Actress, but it blew up into so much more.
"I did not give Angie a French kiss, it was something simple and lovely. I congratulated her on the Oscar win and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. It was snapped and became a big thing round the world," he said.
5. During the 2003 Oscars, Adrien Brody walked on stage to accept his award for "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for 'The Pianist' and shockingly leaned presenter Halle Berry over and gave her a long, sexy smooch. We definitely didn't see that one coming.
6. Britney Spears opens the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards with a painfully awkward rendition of 'Gimme More.'
7. Adam Lambert's provocative performance on the American Music Awards created a lot of buzz this year. During 'For Your Entertainment,' Lambert thrust his crotch into a dancer's face, dragged two male dancers around on a leash and engaged in a makeout session with his male keyboardist.
8. While there is no video, Josh Brolin's acceptance speech at the New York Film Critic Circle awards in January 2009 caused quite a stir. Accepting his award for Best Supporting Actor in 'Milk,' Brolin began his speech, "Quite an actor, Sean Penn, quite an actor. [Pause] Amazing. [Pause] And now I'm an a**hole. Like Russell Crowe. Because I'm not as smart as Sean. [Pause] Quite an actor. [Pause] Amazing actor. I've loved you in 'Milk,' I thought what you did with that role was incredible. We've known you as an actor who doesn't smile very much. And the fact that you smiled as much as you did in this film is amazing. Truly incredible. You are an amazing actor. You are going to get the Oscar. Because you smiled so much," Brolin said to actor Sean Penn.
9. Lady Gaga bleeds to death at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Need we say more?
10. Rage Against the Machine bassist Tim Commerford was arrested after climbing the set at the 2000 VMAs at Radio City Music Hall after Rage lost out in the Best Rock Video category to Limp Bizkit.
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Carrie Underwood -
- Britney Spears -
- YouTube -
- Videos -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- WTF -
- TV News -
- Music News -
- Movie News -
- Gut Reactions -
- Christina Aguilera -
- Adam Lambert
MORE ABOUT Kanye West
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kanye West Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lawrence blasts story of on-set fight
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Rumor Bust! Selena Was NOT Asked to Be Part of Justin Bieber's Roast
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Update: An Expert Weighs In on Her Condition