Brittany Murphy: Funeral Plans, Last Movies & More
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 23rd 2009 11:24PM
Brittany Murphy will be buried in Hollywood on Christmas Eve. Don't count Murphy's estranged father, Angelo Bertolotti, among the invited. Meanwhile the director of her final film, 'Abandoned,' gives kind words on the talented actress, controversial promo art for 'Deadline' is pulled, and her part in 'Shrinking Charlotte' is set to be recast.
Brittany Murphy's Body Moves – TMZ reports that Brittany Murphy's body has been transferred from an L.A. morgue to the city's most prestigious cemetery. The actress will be laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills "in the very near future," according to the website.
Brittany Murphy Funeral – Speculation is rampant on the details of Murphy's burial, though all signs appear to point to a very exclusive service occuring on Christmas Eve. RadarOnline.com claims the "strictly private" funeral will be held during the day at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. According to the site, Brittany's estranged father, Angelo Bertolotti, was not invited to the ceremony. In an interview he confirmed that Brittany "had health problems, that was a fact, but nothing that I thought would come to this." PEOPLE reports that a more public service will occur at some point in the new year.
'Abandoned' Director Speaks Out - "It hurts me to hear all this salacious stuff because my experience with Brittany was really one of my best eperiences with an actress," 'Abandoned' director Michael Feifer tells PEOPLE of working with Murphy on her last film. In the indie thriller, which is scheduled to hit theaters sometime in 2010, Murphy plays a distraught woman on the hunt for a boyfriend who seems to have disappeared out of thin air. Feifer spoke highly of Murphy's talents, claiming, "There was a moment where she needed to cry, and we were kidding around where she actually said she could cry out of one eye and you just had to pick which eye you wanted. She was that good at her craft."
'Deadline' Promo Art Pulled – Redbox, which owns thousands of DVD kiosks around the world, said that it would remove controversial promotional art for Brittany Murphy's recent horror film 'Deadline.' The ghastly art features a pale Murphy peeking out of a bathtub in a scene reminiscent of her final moments on earth.
'Shrinking Charlotte' to be Recast – The romantic comedy co-starring Matthew Lillard and 'True Blood's' Sam Trammell was supposed to be Brittany Murphy's fresh start. Director Rene Eram tells E! News that Murphy was a "perfect fit" for the lead role. "It was all very positive and that's what is so sad for me, to not have her involved in this movie." According to TMZ, producer Darren VanCleave says the film will be dedicated to Murphy, though the part is now up for grabs.
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Deaths
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Pattinson Moves Belongings, Dogs Out of Kristen Stewart's Home After Breakup
- Lindsey Vonn, Tiger Woods Take His Kids to School: Pictures
- Oklahoma Tornado: Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith and Olivia Munn React
- McLawsuit! Singer Sues McDonald's, Claims Voice Ruined After She Swallowed Glass In Chicken Sandwich
- Then and Now: 'The Brady Bunch'
- Khloe Kardashian Odom yanks T-shirt after Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatens legal action
- Judging panel for 'X Factor' rounded out by Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio
- La Toya Jackson and Chelsea Handler Mock-Audition to Be American Idol Judges —Watch Now!
- Robin Roberts Receives Standing Ovation at Peabody Awards on Eight-Month Anniversary of Her Bone Marrow Transplant
- Kate Hudson's Hair-Raising Photo Shoot! See the Star Get Caught in the Wind