Santa Cruise Is Coming to Town
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 23rd 2009 02:00AM
Santa Cruise, Redux
If 'Tropic Thunder' proved anything, it's that Tom Cruise in a fat suit is absolutely genius. Thankfully, it's Christmas time and another fat suit is in Tommy boy's future.
Cruise in 'Thunder' (WARNING: Naughty Language)
Sources tell me Katie Holmes has made major improvements to the Santa costume she designed two years ago for hubby Tom Cruise to dress up in for daughter Suri. Last year, when his adorable daughter saw him decked out in bearded and red-bellied form, Tom told Oprah she said, "No dada. Dada Santa." But this year, Katie has gone all out to make sure the actor's ho-ho-ho wardrobe is more successful.
"Tom freely admits he needs to put more effort into his annual role as Santa," laughed a friend of the actor. This year, Tom's bragging that, he "could even fool Rudolph!" Do I smell Oscar, anyone?
Jake's Friends Try to Mend His Broken Heart
In what could be a scene out of the male version of the 'Sex and the City' movie, Jake Gyllenhaal is recovering from his heartbreaking split from his longtime love Reese Witherspoon with friends at the very location he planned to propose. The exclusive Post Ranch Inn -- nestled on the cliffs of Big Sur, California -- describes itself as "providing the ultimate accommodations for a romantic getaway for those seeking a luxurious escape for a honeymoon, anniversary, or a relaxing vacation." Sadly, they couldn't add "the place where Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon" got engaged to their pamphlets.
"It's so sad watching his friend try to cheer him up in the infinity pool when you know it was Reese that was supposed to be next to him wearing a diamond ring," an insider tells me. Oh, Jake... there's plenty of fish left in Hollywood's sea, and you're one sexy beast, so don't sweat it. Here's to a new start in 2010!
The Gift of Gossip
Happy Holidays (dare I say Christmas?)! We have only been together for just over a month, but already I'm in love with you, darling PopEater readers. I want to thank you for welcoming me into your life. Your comments and e-mails have been amazing and my boss in the tie (shout out to Jason) tells me millions of you are reading my column. That's the best gift of all.
Talking of gifts, I'm giving Curry, my naughty but nice Glen of Imaal Terrier, the gift of a donation to Angel on a Leash -- a brilliant charity that has trained Therapy Dogs visit schools, rehabilitation centers and hospices. If you're a pooch lover, too, you can donate here!
Don't worry, Curry won't read this and spoil the surprise. She gets bored after my second item ... now that's a real bitch! (Wink wink)
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- No background check done on Michael Jackson's doctor, lawyer says
- Break Time: Tan Mom makes an unfortunate music video
- ?Daily Show' co-creator Lizz Winstead sparks outrage with Oklahoma tornado joke about conservatives
- 'Royal Pains' Season 5: Hank Battles Evan in 'Operation' Showdown (Exclusive Video)
- Fox Picks Up Crime Thriller 'Narc' With Zac Efron Attached to Star
- Dress Du Jour: Beyonce's Rachel Pally Jumpsuit
- Watch a full musical number from ?Big Fish,' starring Norbert Leo Butz ? EXCLUSIVE
- ?Hangman with prizes': On the scene at the 30th anniversary of ?Wheel of Fortune'
- New ?Wolverine' trailer: Another deep dive
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill
- This Witch Gets You One Step Closer to a Trip to the Premiere of 'World War Z' (PHOTO)