Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon Split
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 23rd 2009 01:51PM
Actors Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon -- who became one of Hollywood's longest-lasting and most prominent couples during their 23 years together -- have split, PEOPLE is exclusively reporting. A rep for Sarandon says despite the pre-Christmas announcement, the duo have been separated for months.
Tim and Susan Through the Years
Tim and Susan Through the Years Getty Images 5 photos Previous Next Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins have been together since ... well, since sunglasses and neon-striped shirts on the red carpet were cool. Click to See Pics of the Duo Through Time >>>
Sarandon's rep, Teal Cannaday, confirms the news to PEOPLE, saying: "Actress Susan Sarandon and her partner of 23 years, actor Tim Robbins have announced that they separated over the summer."
Sarandon, 63, and Robbins, 51, began dating in 1988 after meeting on the set of 'Bull Durham.' They have two sons together: Jack Henry, who is now 20, and Miles Guthrie, 17.
During their time together, Sarandon and Robbins became known as much for their activism as they were for their acting. During the 2000s, they became outspoken critics of President George W. Bush and the Iraq war.
Sarandon is currently promoting her new film, 'The Lovely Bones.'
When Tim Met Susan: A Seductive Scene From 'Bull Durham':
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- 'Duck Dynasty's' Jep Robertson speaks out on mysterious illness
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Hollywood's Favorite Thrillers: 19 Movies That Will Terrify You
- Christopher Nolan Refuses to Rule Out Return to Superhero Movies
- Talk Show Hosts Sport Hollywood-Inspired Halloween Costumes
- Watch Sofia Coppola's Insanely Charming Holiday Gap Ads (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Gordon Ramsay's Pet Pigs and Chris Rock's Top Halloween Costumes (VIDEO)
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie