Garden State Italians Want 'Jersey Shore' Silenced
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 24th 2009 08:17AM
MTV is getting more pressure to cancel its 'Jersey Shore' reality show. The latest criticism comes from the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus, which says the show promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."
In a letter sent Tuesday to the president of Viacom, MTV's parent company, caucus chairman Joseph Vitale asks that the show be immediately taken off the air.
The state lawmakers also have asked advertisers to boycott the show, which focuses on eight tanned 20-somethings and their escapades in Seaside Heights, a popular New Jersey beach town.
On Wednesday, a Viacom spokesman referred a request for comment to an MTV spokesperson, who did not immediately respond. MTV has said its intention is not to stereotype or offend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shay Mitchell Splits From Boyfriend Ryan Silverstein After a Year of Dating
- Miranda Kerr Goes Without Underwear, Flashes Lots of Leg in Black Perforated Leather Look in Paris: See the Pictures
- Taken 3 Trailer Released: Liam Neeson Framed for Murder, Beats Up Bad Guys
- Jessa Duggar Compares Abortion To The Holocaust On Instagram ? Read Her Post
- ?Absolutely Green' Khloe Kardashian Admittedly Needed Work On The X Factor, Former Co-Host Mario Lopez Says
- ?Bachelorette' Baby! Ashley Hebert & Husband J.P. Rosenbaum Welcome Son Fordham Rhys
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- AC/DC's Malcolm Young left band due to dementia
- Diem Brown Speaks About Latest Cancer Battle: ''I'm Really Looking Forward to Having One Painless, Fun Day''
- Amanda Bynes' Parents "Know Nothing" About DUI Arrest or Whereabouts, Says Father Rick Bynes
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shows Off Signature Blowout in New Ad—And It's Not What You'd Expect!