Garden State Italians Want 'Jersey Shore' Silenced
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 24th 2009 08:17AM
MTV is getting more pressure to cancel its 'Jersey Shore' reality show. The latest criticism comes from the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus, which says the show promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."
In a letter sent Tuesday to the president of Viacom, MTV's parent company, caucus chairman Joseph Vitale asks that the show be immediately taken off the air.
The state lawmakers also have asked advertisers to boycott the show, which focuses on eight tanned 20-somethings and their escapades in Seaside Heights, a popular New Jersey beach town.
On Wednesday, a Viacom spokesman referred a request for comment to an MTV spokesperson, who did not immediately respond. MTV has said its intention is not to stereotype or offend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lance Bass Marries Michael Turchin: All the Wedding Details!
- Jamie Lynn Spears Posts Amazing Throwback Christmas Photo With Britney Spears
- Kim Kardashian Posts Photo of Her Messy Closet With North West
- David Schwimmer is set to play Robert Kardashian in new show
- Madonna gives her fans an "early Christmas gift"
- Report: Sony music bigwigs 'freaking out' their hefty salaries will be revealed
- Watch Darlene Love Perform "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" One Last Time for David Letterman
- Lance Bass and Michael Turchin Are Officially Married—Find Out Which 'NSYNC Member Performed at the Wedding!
- All the Details on Hailee Steinfeld's 18th Birthday Party With Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony and More!