Garden State Italians Want 'Jersey Shore' Silenced
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 24th 2009 08:17AM
MTV is getting more pressure to cancel its 'Jersey Shore' reality show. The latest criticism comes from the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus, which says the show promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."
In a letter sent Tuesday to the president of Viacom, MTV's parent company, caucus chairman Joseph Vitale asks that the show be immediately taken off the air.
The state lawmakers also have asked advertisers to boycott the show, which focuses on eight tanned 20-somethings and their escapades in Seaside Heights, a popular New Jersey beach town.
On Wednesday, a Viacom spokesman referred a request for comment to an MTV spokesperson, who did not immediately respond. MTV has said its intention is not to stereotype or offend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ivanka Trump Sizzles in Ivana's Dress, Stolen Straight Out of Her Mama's Closet: Pictures
- TV's Top 10 Villains: The Biggest Baddies Currently on Air, From Gotham to Game of Thrones
- Kate Hudson Shimmers in Jenny Packham Gown: See the Amazing Curve-Hugging Dress!
- Kendra Wilkinson Throws Hank Baskett Out Of The House For ?F**king A Transsexual' ? Watch The Clip
- Soup Kitchen Instead Of Prison? ?RHONJ' Star Teresa Giudice's Attorney Begs For Halfway House Placement – So She Can Do Charity Work! Read The Letter To The Judge
- Saving Herself! Religion ?Doesn't Make' Holding Out ?Any Easier' For ?Duck Dynasty' Star Sadie Robertson
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face