Garden State Italians Want 'Jersey Shore' Silenced
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Dec 24th 2009 08:17AM
MTV is getting more pressure to cancel its 'Jersey Shore' reality show. The latest criticism comes from the New Jersey Italian American Legislative Caucus, which says the show promotes derogatory ethnic stereotypes and is "wildly offensive."
In a letter sent Tuesday to the president of Viacom, MTV's parent company, caucus chairman Joseph Vitale asks that the show be immediately taken off the air.
The state lawmakers also have asked advertisers to boycott the show, which focuses on eight tanned 20-somethings and their escapades in Seaside Heights, a popular New Jersey beach town.
On Wednesday, a Viacom spokesman referred a request for comment to an MTV spokesperson, who did not immediately respond. MTV has said its intention is not to stereotype or offend.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miley Cyrus Celebrates 22nd Birthday With Boyfriend Patrick Schwarzenegger, Pizza Birthday Cake, Mechanical Bull Penis!
- Katy Perry Hyped for Super Bowl Halftime Show, Watch Her Sneak Peek Promo Video
- Khloe Kardashian Grinds with Jessie J, Taylor Swift at the 2014 AMAs : Watch!
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Ex-NBC employee says he helped Bill Cosby pay off women
- Looks like these stars forgot something
- Exclusive: Sixx:A.M. 'Stars' video debuts; Nikki Sixx ready to tour post-Motley Crue
- Ryan Reynolds Is Ready for Fatherhood: "I'm Good With Diapers, Diarrhea and All That Kind of Stuff"
- Jurassic World Teaser Trailer Debuts Online! Find Out When the Full-Length Movie Trailer Will Premiere!
- 2014 American Music Awards Highlights: Jennifer Lopez's "Booty," Jessie J's Star-Studded Dance Party and More!