Kate Gosselin: Too Hot For TV?
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 24th 2009 09:25AM
Kate Gosselin filmed a pilot for a new talk show, but high-level executives reportedly shelved the project, deciding the TV mom is too controversial for their airwaves. A source told RadarOnline.com that the show, with co-hosts Paula Deen, Lee Woodruff and Rene Syler, is still being shopped around to other buyers but it doesn't stand much of a chance.
The Momlogic pilot has been described as 'The View' for working moms, tackling issues like teen pregnancy along with lighter gabbing. Apparently, Gosselin was not only too edgy for the executives' taste, she was simply "not ready" for a full-time hosting job.
Food Network star Paula Deen was the intended star of the project, and exces were concerned that Gosselin's year in the tabloid's would upset the balance. "There was a lot of arguing," the source told RadarOnline.
Fear not - Gosselin will be back on your TV sets before long. Though TLC has yet to finalize the concept, the cable network has committed to a new show starring Gosselin in the spring.
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
Kate Gosselin leaving her house for the week end as Jon is coming to see the kids Nov 26, 2009 X17online.com exlusive
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rachel McAdams Tears Up While Serving as Bridesmaid at Sister Kayleen's Wedding: Photos
- Art Garfunkel Slams "Idiot" Paul Simon for Quitting Simon & Garfunkel
- B.B. King's Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned, Lawyer Says Claims Are Ridiculous
- Family of BB King alleges that blues legend was poisoned by manager, assistant
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival