Charlie Sheen Jailed on Domestic Abuse Charge
The 'Two and a Half Men' star spent part of Christmas night in the Pitkin County Jail after he allegedly shoved wife Brooke Mueller, according to a source of Radar Online. He was then released, posting an $8,500 bond.
The star of CBS' "Two and a Half Men" was taken into custody on suspicion of second-degree assault and menacing, both felonies, along with criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, an Aspen police spokeswoman told the AP.
Police arrested the 44-year-old actor after responding to a 911 call regarding a report of domestic violence at 8:34 a.m. at a historic house up for sale for $7.5 million. The alleged victim in the case, whose name was withheld, did not have to be taken to the hospital, police said.
Police said Sheen will be held without bond until his first court appearance in this ski resort town about 200 miles west of Denver. The court was closed for Christmas, and no date for his appearance has been set.
Jail officials said Sheen wasn't available to comment. After-hours messages left for his managers weren't immediately returned.
Dasaro said Sheen would be advised of any bond conditions when he appears in court. Colorado law requires protection orders between people arrested in domestic violence cases and their alleged victims.
TMZ reports that Mueller called 911 claiming Sheen assaulted her, but that Sheen told law enforcement that Brooke was the aggressor and he was just fending her off.
Brooke Mueller Sheen gave birth to the couple's first children, twin boys, in March. They married in May 2008 following Sheen's bitter divorce from Denise Richards.
Charlie Sheen's screen credits include "Platoon," "Wall Street" and the "Hot Shots!" movies. He nearly died of a drug overdose in 1998 but received court-ordered rehabilitation.
A source of RadarOnline.com says that Sheen and Mueller have been having significant marital problems.
Sheen flew to be with Brooke for Christmas, despite their problems but things got out of control almost right away. Read More Details From Radar >>>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes Wears Blonde Wig in First Mugshot, Mariah Carey Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction: Top 5 Stories
- Elisabeth Moss Slams Jeremy Piven as "Highly Unprofessional"
- Ken Jeong Talks Hangover's Nude Scenes and Playing With the Asian Stereotype
- LeAnn Rimes New ‘Just A Girl Like You Video’— Watch It Here!
- Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Speaks Out —‘This Girl Was Crucified In The Court Of Public Opinion’
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?