Looking Back on the Year's Most Clicked- On PopEater Stories
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 25th 2009 07:00PM
We at PopEater HQ did some number-crunchin' to help calculate which headlines you, our awesome readers, clicked on most this year. Some were obvious, some were shocking, some were funny, and oh-so-many were tragic. The one thing connecting them, is that they were all extremely popular. Starting with ...
25. Letterman Admits Sexual Affairs, Claims He Was Extorted -- Oct. 1
In a stunningly candid admission during his show on Thursday night, David Letterman admitted that he has had sexual relationships with female employees of his show, and that someone tried to extort him by releasing information about the relationships. A CBS employee has since been arrested for the alleged extortion plot. Read More >>
24. Cori Rist Becomes Latest to Tell on Tiger: 'He Was Not Happy at Home' -- Dec. 14
Cori Rist, one of the other other women in Tiger Woods' life, appeared on the 'Today' show Monday to defend herself from tabloid reports and express deep regret for what she claims was a 2 1/2 year fling with the embattled golfer. "It was just very comfortable," the 31-year-old single mom said of her first encounter with Woods, at an NYC nightclub in 2006. Read More >>
23. What About the Jackson Children?
In the wake of shocking news of pop superstar Michael Jackson's death, many were left wondering about the fate of his three children. Early reports by RadarOnline suggested that Jackson's mother Katherine will assume custody of the children. Read More >>
22. Rachael Ray Doesn't Regret Racy Pics
It's been more than five years since Rachael Ray posed in next to nothing for men's mag FHM, and despite negative feedback from fans and even her mother, the TV cook says she'd "do it again tomorrow" if given the chance. Read More >>
Unforgettable Images From the Decade
From couch jumping to red carpet stunning to just plain startling, here are some of the celebrity photos that made this a decade to remember. Click To See the Highlights >>>
WENN / WireImage / X17online
WENN / WireImage / X17online
21. Controversial Image of Brooke Shields, 10 and Nude, Displayed in London -- Sept. 29
Thanks to public outrage and a police visit, a prestigious art museum in London has decided to take down a nude photo of a 10-year-old Brooke Shields that critics and child advocates feared would be a "magnet for pedophiles." Read More >>
20. Patrick Swayze's Widow: 'I Have to Go Through It' -- Oct. 28
Lisa Niemi, Patrick Swayze's wife of 34 years, told a women's conference Tuesday that the loss of her husband just six weeks ago "is like an animal all of its own" and the sadness could be felt "on a cellular level." Read More >>
19. Miley Cyrus Adds Racist Gag To List Of Scandals -- Feb. 3
Miley Cyrus has had her share of photo scandals in the past couple years, ranging from racy pics on her MySpace page to statements of regret over her mature photo shoot with Annie Leibowitz. Her latest scandal has angered more than parents and fans looking for a good role model - a photo of Miley and her friends pulling back their eyelids to adopt an archaic, racist caricature of Asian people has leaked to the web. Read More >>
18. Simpson Proves Not Everyone Should Wear Mom Jeans -- Jan. 26
The combination of a large chest and high-waisted pants is not flattering, just ask Jessica Simpson. Read More >>
17. Letterman Reveals His Wedding on TV -- March 23
And the number one reason Letterman shocked his audience during the taping of Monday's 'Late Night' show is... he announced that he had married long-time girlfriend Regina Lasko on Thursday in Choteau, Montana. Read More >>
16. 'Biggest Loser' Champ Gains Back 122 Lbs -- Jan. 15
Even though third season 'Biggest Loser' champ, Erik Chopin, lost a remarkable 214 pounds on the show, he has gained half his original weight back. Weighing in close to 300 pounds, Chopin says once he stopped getting attention from the show, he fell into depression and stopped exercising. He sat down for a candid interview with Access Hollywood to talk about yo-yo dieting, body lift surgery and getting his weight under control. Read More >>
15. Jon & Kate Divorcing; Vent on Air -- June 22
Even if their big "announcement" was spoiled by the fact that PEOPLE broke the news of their divorce papers being filed, Jon and Kate Gosselin sure did let things off their chest during Monday night's special episode in which they admit they were splitting after 10 years of marriage.
14. 'Idol' Hopeful Alexis Cohen Struck, Killed by Car -- July 26
The 23-year-old man accused of running down former 'American Idol' hopeful Alexis Cohen with a car appeared Monday in state Superior Court on charges of reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident. Prosecutors say the charges have been upgraded to aggravated manslaughter and drunken driving.
13. Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer at Age 62 -- June 25
Farrah Fawcett, the actress who shot to worldwide fame thanks to her role in 'Charlie's Angels' and other Hollywood ventures along the way, has passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was 62 years old.
12. World, Meet Susan Boyle -- April
Move over, Adam Lambert. There's someone else who Simon Cowell fancies.Susan Boyle, a 47-year-old contestant on 'Britain's Got Talent,' unexpectedly wowed Cowell and the other two judges, including Simon-like Brit Piers Morgan, with her rendition of 'I Dreamed a Dream' from 'Les Miserables.
11. 'SNL' Lampoons Alleged Violence in Tiger Woods' Marriage -- Dec. 6
Rihanna was the guest musician on the Dec. 5 episode of 'Saturday Night Live,' and while her hilarious appearance in a digital short with Andy Samberg was a highlight of our week, it was another sketch that gave us pause. Host Blake Lively played Elin Nordegren Woods in a segment lampooning the model's marriage to scandalized golfer Tiger Woods. The skit focused on allegations that Elin beat her husband with a golf club after learning of his infidelity. Read More >>
10. Rihanna 'Crying,' 'Screaming' at Hospital -- Feb. 8
Rihanna has been identified as the victim in Chris Brown's assault charge, TMZ first reported, and now there's more details coming out about what happened in the hours after the incident. A RadarOnline.com witness who was in the hospital with Rihanna says the 'Disturbia' singer "was clearly very upset by what had happened and I could hear her screaming." Read More >>
9. Sexual Hijinks Abound in Adam Lambert AMAs Performance -- Nov. 23
In 'For Your Entertainment,' Adam Lambert asks "can you handle what I'm about to do?" Viewers who caught the 'American Idol' singer's sexually charged AMAs performance may now be answering: "maybe, not." Read More >>
8. John Travolta's Teenage Son Jett Dies in Family's Home -- Jan. 2
An official with a Bahamian funeral home says Jett Travolta's death certificate says he was killed by a "seizure." Glen Campbell is assistant director of the funeral home handling the remains of John Travolta's 16-year-old son.
7. Kate - Jon + 8 Kids + Skimpy Bikini -- June 1
While Jon's away, Kate will play ... with her eight kids and a camera crew on a beach in a bikini. Read More >>
6. Brittany Murphy Dies of Cardiac Arrest -- Dec. 20
The 32-year-old actress passed away suddenly, leaving fans wondering if drugs or an eating disorder she had been rumored to have were contributing factors. Read More >>>
5. Kanye Being Kanye: Rapper Interrupts Taylor Swift's VMAs Win -- Sept. 13
Kanye West is known for speaking his mind and early on during the VMAs, he didn't disappoint. When Taylor Swift won Best Female Video for 'You Belong With Me,' Kanye jumped onstage, grabbed the mike from the country singer's hands and did what he does best. Read More >>
4. David Carradine Dies in Bangkok -- June 4
David Carradine's death at a luxury hotel in Bangkok spawned swirling reports of sucide, foul play, accidental death and dangerous sex acts.
3. TV Infomercial Star Billy Mays Dies at 50 -- June 28
Popular product pusher Billy Mays had an enlarged heart and likely died of a pulmonary embolism, or blocked artery, a medical examiner told reporters. There was no sign of head trauma. He was 50.
2. Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, Is Dead at 50 -- June 25
Michael Jackson, the charismatic musician who came to be known as The "King of Pop,' died at the age of 50. Michael's brother Jermaine, during a brief statement at the hospital, said the following: "My brother, the legendary King of Pop Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25 at 2:26 pm. Read More >>
1. Natasha Richardson Dies at 45 Following Skiing Accident -- March 18
Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died at age 45 after suffering a head injury during a beginners' ski lesson.
- Filed under:
- Hottest Stories
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"
- Modern Romance For ‘Modern Family’ Star: Eric Stonestreet In Long Distance Romance With Aussie TV Host
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson