New Details in Charlie Sheen Domestic Abuse Case
Police responded to a 911 call regarding a report of domestic violence at 8:34 am. An ambulance was called to the house, but neither Sheen nor the victim - who was not officially named by police - were transported to the hospital. Sheen, 44, was taken into custody on suspicion of second-degree assault and menacing, both felonies, along with criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, Aspen police spokeswoman Stephanie Dasaro told the AP. Sheen was released in the late afternoon after posting $8,500 bond.
Colorado attorney Richard Cummins will be representing Sheen in the case and confirms that a court date has been set for Feb. 8. He tells the AP, "That may be to determine whether a case goes forward or not."
Cummins adds, "I think at the end of the day it will be much ado about nothing. I don't think there's any criminality about what went on."
Sheen's publicist Stan Rosenfield says, "It would benefit everyone not to jump to any conclusion."
TMZ initially reported that Mueller called 911 claiming Sheen assaulted her, but that Sheen told law enforcement that Brooke was the aggressor and he was just fending her off.
Brooke Mueller Sheen gave birth to the couple's first children, twin boys, in March. They married in May 2008 following Sheen's bitter divorce from Denise Richards.
Sheen's screen credits include "Platoon," "Wall Street" and the "Hot Shots!" movies. He nearly died of a drug overdose in 1998 but received court-ordered rehabilitation.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Donald Trump Controversy: "Not Once Did I Think About Dropping Out"
- Ben Affleck Admits Daredevil With Jennifer Garner "Didn't Work, At All"
- U.S. Women's Soccer: 5 Badass Players to Watch in the World Cup Finals
- 19 Fourth of July flicks
- Matt Damon shows off ponytail
- Robin Thicke 'embarrassed' by attempts to get Paula Patton back
- Josh Hartnett & Girlfriend Tamsin Egerton Are Expecting Their First Baby
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Head to the Bahamas With Their Kids in Wake of Divorce News
- Sean "Diddy" Combs Won't Face Felony Charges for Alleged Kettlebell Attack—but Case Isn't Closed Yet