Tyra Banks Announces End of Talk Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 28th 2009 10:10AM
First Oprah, and now this?!? Tyra Banks has decided to end her oft-zany but always entertaining talker, 'The Tyra Show,' next year. The supermodel-turned-TV multitask-er (she also helms 'America's Next Top Model' and 'True Beauty') revealed the sad news in a statement to PEOPLE.
"This will be the last season of The Tyra Show," Banks said. "I've been loving having fun, coming into your living rooms, bedrooms, hair salons for the past 5 years." Check out some of our favorite Tyra moments -- You Get Vaseline!!! and Kiss My Fat Ass!!! included -- after the jump.
After the last 'Tyra' airs in the spring, Banks will focus her attention on the launch of Bankable Studios, a production company that aims to get positive images of women to the big screen.
"My next huge steps will allow me to reach more women and young girls to help us all feel as fierce as we truly are," Banks said.
Women's issues have been the central focus of 'Tyra' since it's inception, as you may have noticed with all the episodes dedicated to cellulite and hair.
'Tyra' has been both a commercial and critical triumph for Banks, with the star winning two Daytime Emmys during the show's tenure.
Banks follows in the footsteps of Oprah Winfrey, who announced in November she was ending her highly influential talk show in 2011. An industry insider tells PEOPLE that Banks gathered strength from Winfrey's decision.
"With Oprah's big announcement this year, I think that gave Tyra the confidence to get out there and follow her longtime dream of film producing."
Tyra Banks Snapshots
Tyra Banks gets wicked fierce at a Women of the Year event for Glamour magazine, Nov. 9 in NYC. See more pics of super supermodel >>
Getty Images for Glamour Magazin
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," Wows Audience
- Zoolander 2 Trailer Dives Into the Really, Really Ridiculously Stupid Mind of Derek Zoolander
- Kourtney Kardashian Wears Sexy One-Piece Swimsuit After Scott Disick's Mysterious Instagram Post
- British singer and TV host Cilla Black dies at 72
- Charlize Theron adopts second child, a baby girl
- Brown vs. Houston family feud is just beginning, Bobby's sister vows
- Drake Responds to Meek Mill's Latest Diss During Kickball Game With LeBron James—Watch the Shade Unfold!
- Holy Hotness! Shirtless Stephen Amell and Jared Padalecki Display Their Six-Pack Abs for a Good Cause
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Funeral Was "Perfect," Says Whitney Houston's Former Hairstylist—Get the Details