Brad Pitt Coming to 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 29th 2009 01:03PM
perhaps not-so-straight) detective work even sexier? How about the addition of Brad Pitt in the sequel? Yep, you heard it here first: Papa Pitt is set to reunite with Guy Ritchie once things get underway on the 'Holmes' sequel. Details after the jump, along with info on Martin Sheen's broken heart and Spencer Pratt's wounded ego.
'Sherlock' Sequel Starring Brad Pitt
After 'Sherlock Holmes' managed to uncover more than $65 million in its opening weekend, 'Sherlock Holmes 2' is being planned with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law already committed. But the big surprise will be the addition of Brad Pitt as Professor Moriarty.
"The director, Guy Ritchie, loves Brad," an industry source tells me. "He has worked with him before and thinks he is one of the most underrated actors working today. Guy knows that everyone thinks of as a Pitt as a pretty boy and can't wait to turn him into the world's greatest supervillain. It will definitely make the sequel a must-see."
Pitt and Ritchie worked together on 2000's 'Snatch,' in which Pitt played a mumbling, can't-understand-a-word-he-says Irish gypsy fighter. He definitely wasn't a 'pretty boy' in it, and hopefully that's exactly what Ritchie can pull out of him again.
As for Brad, an insider tells me he's "very interested in taking on the role and happy they aren't considering his kick-ass partner Angelina for the part."
Charlie Disapoints Dad Again
Poor Martin Sheen. Friends tell me the acting legend is devastated by the recent accusations and arrest of son Charlie on Christmas Day.
The distraught father who famously issued a public appeal for fans to pray for his son and reported him for a violation of his parole in 1998, resulting in his own child's arrest, is said to not only to be worried about his son but also his twin grandchildren, Bob and Max, who were born in March 2009.
"Martin wants his son to get help and be happy. He thought his son's long history of drug and violence were a thing of the past when he married Brooke. The wedding was one of the happiest days of Martin's life. What's going on now is breaking his heart," someone close to Martin tells me.
Here's hoping for a new, happier beginning for Charlie, Brooke, Bob, Max and Papa Martin in 2010.
Spencer Pratt vs 'The Situation'
Sources tell me the self-loving Spencer Pratt (one-time PopEater hater but now our BFF) from MTV reality show 'The Hills' is livid with MTV over the recent success of its new show, 'Jersey Shore.'
"Spencer can feel the press moving away from him and on to the cast members of 'Jersey Shore.' He is desperate to keep his 15 minutes going. It's all he has and blames MTV for paying more attention to the new show than to his old show," laughs a TV executive.
Spencer, darling, I have been wanting to say this to you for a long, long time: "Bye, bye" ... But I can't talk now -- Al Roker is on the other line.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda de Cadenet: Chelsea Handler Inspired My New Lifetime Talk Show!
- Rachel McAdams Cringes While Watching Notebook Audition Tape for the First Time Ever on the Today Show
- Jenny McCarthy Jokes About Hillary Clinton's Sexuality on The View, Implies She's Had Girlfriends
- She's An American Woman In London! Noelle Reno Dishes About Life, Work And Reality Show ?Ladies Of London'
- Madonna’s Underage Teenage Daughter Says She ‘Awkwardly Avoided Teachers’ At Prom After Drinking Champagne
- Reality Showdown! Producers Now Deciding Between Fan-Favorite ?Bachelorette' Alum Arie Luyendyk Jr. And Andi Dorfman Cast-Off Chris Soules In Next Bachelor Casting
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Salma Hayek Makes the Ultimate Hot Teacher—See the Pic!
- Blake Lively Reveals the Best Surprise She's Ever Given Ryan Reynolds and 72 Other Fun Facts—Watch Now!
- Madonna Impersonator Identifies Gender: "I Embrace Myself as a Queen"—Watch the Botched Deleted Scene!