Brad Pitt Coming to 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 29th 2009 01:03PM
perhaps not-so-straight) detective work even sexier? How about the addition of Brad Pitt in the sequel? Yep, you heard it here first: Papa Pitt is set to reunite with Guy Ritchie once things get underway on the 'Holmes' sequel. Details after the jump, along with info on Martin Sheen's broken heart and Spencer Pratt's wounded ego.
'Sherlock' Sequel Starring Brad Pitt
After 'Sherlock Holmes' managed to uncover more than $65 million in its opening weekend, 'Sherlock Holmes 2' is being planned with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law already committed. But the big surprise will be the addition of Brad Pitt as Professor Moriarty.
"The director, Guy Ritchie, loves Brad," an industry source tells me. "He has worked with him before and thinks he is one of the most underrated actors working today. Guy knows that everyone thinks of as a Pitt as a pretty boy and can't wait to turn him into the world's greatest supervillain. It will definitely make the sequel a must-see."
Pitt and Ritchie worked together on 2000's 'Snatch,' in which Pitt played a mumbling, can't-understand-a-word-he-says Irish gypsy fighter. He definitely wasn't a 'pretty boy' in it, and hopefully that's exactly what Ritchie can pull out of him again.
As for Brad, an insider tells me he's "very interested in taking on the role and happy they aren't considering his kick-ass partner Angelina for the part."
Charlie Disapoints Dad Again
Poor Martin Sheen. Friends tell me the acting legend is devastated by the recent accusations and arrest of son Charlie on Christmas Day.
The distraught father who famously issued a public appeal for fans to pray for his son and reported him for a violation of his parole in 1998, resulting in his own child's arrest, is said to not only to be worried about his son but also his twin grandchildren, Bob and Max, who were born in March 2009.
"Martin wants his son to get help and be happy. He thought his son's long history of drug and violence were a thing of the past when he married Brooke. The wedding was one of the happiest days of Martin's life. What's going on now is breaking his heart," someone close to Martin tells me.
Here's hoping for a new, happier beginning for Charlie, Brooke, Bob, Max and Papa Martin in 2010.
Spencer Pratt vs 'The Situation'
Sources tell me the self-loving Spencer Pratt (one-time PopEater hater but now our BFF) from MTV reality show 'The Hills' is livid with MTV over the recent success of its new show, 'Jersey Shore.'
"Spencer can feel the press moving away from him and on to the cast members of 'Jersey Shore.' He is desperate to keep his 15 minutes going. It's all he has and blames MTV for paying more attention to the new show than to his old show," laughs a TV executive.
Spencer, darling, I have been wanting to say this to you for a long, long time: "Bye, bye" ... But I can't talk now -- Al Roker is on the other line.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Angelina Jolie -
- Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- How to Wear a Cape Like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Sarah Jessica Parker and Olivia Palermo: Try the Trend Without Looking Like You're Wearing a Blanket
- Derek Jeter Hangs With Girlfriend Hannah Davis After Playing Last Yankees Game: Photos
- Britney Spears Won the Red Carpet This Week on Her Lingerie Tour ? See All Six of Her Looks!
- Is She Cracking Under Pressure? ?Long Island Medium' Theresa Caputo Reveals Her Secret Meltdowns ?Crying Spells, Anxiety Attacks & Sleepless Nights? In New Tell-All
- Taking ?Responsibility': Michael Phelps Admits He Is ?Deeply Sorry' For Humiliating DUI In Earnest Tweets ? Does He Mean It?
- Dina Manzo Desperate To Control ?RHONJ' Family Drama With Jacqueline Laurita On ? And Off ? The Screen
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Anita Baker sued by lawyer who claims she owes him money
- Country trio Lady Antebellum's adult sound on new album '747'
- Drake Jokes That Things May Have Worked With Rihanna If He Danced Like Chris Brown—Watch Now!
- Michael Phelps Breaks Silence After DUI Arrest: "I Am Deeply Sorry to Everyone I Have Let Down"
- Ben Affleck Talks Full-Frontal Nude Scene in Gone Girl, Says His Penis ''Looks Better in 3-D!''