Divorce 'Definitely' Possible For Charlie Sheen
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 06:34PM
Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller have been spending time apart. Sources now tell PEOPLE that the separation could be permanent. "Brooke and Charlie still love each other, but they are very different," says the source. "[They] will make their best effort at counseling but divorce is definitely a possibility."
On Christmas morning, Sheen was taken into police custody on suspicion of assaulting his wife. The actor hasn't been charged and was released Friday after posting an $8,500 bond. Prosecutors will determine whether to file charges.
Mueller and Sheen had their first children together -- twin boys Bob and Max -- earlier this year. The source tells PEOPLE, "For the good of the children they definitely want to see if counseling will help before anything further is decided."
The source claims that talk of a divorce was the catalyst that led to the altercation. "Brooke asked Charlie for a separation and divorce. This caused his temper to flair resulting in the incident that landed him in jail."
Mueller obtained a restraining order against her husband as a result of the violent domestic dispute. RadarOnline reports that the protection order was granted by the same judge who heard Sheen's case and allowed the actor's release from jail Friday night.
Pamela Bach was arrested for driving under the influence in California in late November, marking the second DUI offense for the ex-wife of David Hasselhoff.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Faking It's Katie Stevens: Karma Will "Question Everything" After Amy, Liam Hookup
- Ian McKellen Turned Down Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour Invitation!
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Alum Danielle Staub Engaged
- Danica McKellar joins 2016 Miss America competition as judge
- Hulk Hogan: I'm not a racist
- Chrissie Hynde slammed for saying some rape victims 'have to take responsibility'
- This Guy Pranked His Parents With a Simple iPhone Hack and the Results Are Glorious
- Deryck Whibley Marries Ariana Cooper: All the Details on the Sum 41 Rocker's I-Do's!
- 7 Times Kylie Jenner and Tyga in ''Stimulated'' Were Kim Kardashian and Kanye West in ''Bound 2''