Divorce 'Definitely' Possible For Charlie Sheen
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 06:34PM
Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller have been spending time apart. Sources now tell PEOPLE that the separation could be permanent. "Brooke and Charlie still love each other, but they are very different," says the source. "[They] will make their best effort at counseling but divorce is definitely a possibility."
On Christmas morning, Sheen was taken into police custody on suspicion of assaulting his wife. The actor hasn't been charged and was released Friday after posting an $8,500 bond. Prosecutors will determine whether to file charges.
Mueller and Sheen had their first children together -- twin boys Bob and Max -- earlier this year. The source tells PEOPLE, "For the good of the children they definitely want to see if counseling will help before anything further is decided."
The source claims that talk of a divorce was the catalyst that led to the altercation. "Brooke asked Charlie for a separation and divorce. This caused his temper to flair resulting in the incident that landed him in jail."
Mueller obtained a restraining order against her husband as a result of the violent domestic dispute. RadarOnline reports that the protection order was granted by the same judge who heard Sheen's case and allowed the actor's release from jail Friday night.
Pamela Bach was arrested for driving under the influence in California in late November, marking the second DUI offense for the ex-wife of David Hasselhoff.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Paris Jackson Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Boyfriend Chester Castellaw ? See the Cute Photo!
- Trista Sutter Defends Bachelor Franchise After Chris Soules, Whitney Bischoff Split: "Without Bachelorette, No Intro, No Marriage"
- Voice of Pocahontas Judy Kuhn Has "No Idea" What a Blue Corn Moon Is
- Dustin Diamond says he was trying to help girlfriend ahead of bar stabbing
- 'Urban Cowboy' coming to TV, but is John Travolta?
- 'Cruel Intentions' costars Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair reunite
- Kristen Bell Had a Traumatic Uber Pool Experience, But She's Not the Only One
- Kylie Jenner Grabs Her Own Boobs, Poses in (Fake?) Fur—Is This Her Raciest Pic Yet?!
- Josh Duggar's Cousin Amy Encourages Fans to ''Pray for Your Enemies'' in Wake of Molestation Scandal