Hailey Glassman Behind Jon Gosselin Break-in, PopEater Readers Say
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 08:00AM
Jon Gosselin's Manhattan apartment was burglarized, our readers sounded off. Even though there is no evidence to tell if his ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman actually robbed Gosselin's pad at this point, 20,000+ readers voted and believe she's behind the whole hoax. Over 70 percent said they were sure Glassman was responsible.
New York police continue to investigate damage to the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' star's apartment. Police seized building security tape, according to Heller, who said Glassman is the only other person to have a key to Gosselin's apartment. Glassman's attorney said the situation appeared to be a "huge publicity stunt" and that she was simply taking her belongings out of Jon's apartment.
According to the police report, many of his belongings -- including clothing, pillows and furniture -- had been slashed with a knife, which was then used to stick the note into Gosselin's headboard. What did it say? "Cheater." The note was signed 'Hailey Glassman.'
On Monday, Gosselin's lawyer Mark Heller told RadarOnline.com that "Hailey Glassman is going to jail. It's as simple as that."
Gosselin's attorney tells TMZ that the New York Police Department fingerprinted and photographed the entire apartment, and that Gosselin wants to pursue felony charges against the perpetrator.
"The building security tape will not lie and the evidence will speak for itself," Heller told RadarOnline.com.
Glassman's lawyer Stephanie Octavia says that the tape will indeed show Glassman taking things out of the apartment, but it's not what it seems.
"We're not denying Hailey took the TV," Ovadia told RadarOnline.com exclusively, addding: "We are not denying she took her belonging out of the apartment. She is moving on with her life and taking her belongings ... She moved all her belongings out so there will be security video showing her carrying items out of the apartment."
On Christmas day, Glassman took to Twitter to accuse Gosselin of stealing money from her family. "FYI That apartment everyone calls "Jon's Apartment" was MY APARTMENT as well. We split rent! He's been living off of my family and I," she wrote.
"So get your facts right before you all assume. My family and I found out a week ago he's been pocketing our rent money and not paying the rent!"
Jon and Kate Gosselin
This past year was an absolute whirlwind for Jon and Kate Gosselin. Take a look at the couple who owned the tabloid covers of 2009.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chinese Woman Spends Entire Week at KFC After Getting Dumped By Boyfriend, Says She "Needed Time to Think"
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- ?I'm Hurt' ? Anna Shannon Confirms She Was Victim Of Mama June's Child Molester Boyfriend, Says Relationship With Mother ?Over'
- Remains Found In Virginia Confirmed To Be Those Of Hannah Graham
- Toxic Love? Marysville School Shooter & Girlfriend Had Relationship Turmoil Before Killings ? Read The Bitter Tweets
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Heidi Montag discusses Renee Zellweger's appearance
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!