Hailey Glassman Behind Jon Gosselin Break-in, PopEater Readers Say
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 08:00AM
Jon Gosselin's Manhattan apartment was burglarized, our readers sounded off. Even though there is no evidence to tell if his ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman actually robbed Gosselin's pad at this point, 20,000+ readers voted and believe she's behind the whole hoax. Over 70 percent said they were sure Glassman was responsible.
New York police continue to investigate damage to the 'Jon and Kate Plus 8' star's apartment. Police seized building security tape, according to Heller, who said Glassman is the only other person to have a key to Gosselin's apartment. Glassman's attorney said the situation appeared to be a "huge publicity stunt" and that she was simply taking her belongings out of Jon's apartment.
According to the police report, many of his belongings -- including clothing, pillows and furniture -- had been slashed with a knife, which was then used to stick the note into Gosselin's headboard. What did it say? "Cheater." The note was signed 'Hailey Glassman.'
On Monday, Gosselin's lawyer Mark Heller told RadarOnline.com that "Hailey Glassman is going to jail. It's as simple as that."
Gosselin's attorney tells TMZ that the New York Police Department fingerprinted and photographed the entire apartment, and that Gosselin wants to pursue felony charges against the perpetrator.
"The building security tape will not lie and the evidence will speak for itself," Heller told RadarOnline.com.
Glassman's lawyer Stephanie Octavia says that the tape will indeed show Glassman taking things out of the apartment, but it's not what it seems.
"We're not denying Hailey took the TV," Ovadia told RadarOnline.com exclusively, addding: "We are not denying she took her belonging out of the apartment. She is moving on with her life and taking her belongings ... She moved all her belongings out so there will be security video showing her carrying items out of the apartment."
On Christmas day, Glassman took to Twitter to accuse Gosselin of stealing money from her family. "FYI That apartment everyone calls "Jon's Apartment" was MY APARTMENT as well. We split rent! He's been living off of my family and I," she wrote.
"So get your facts right before you all assume. My family and I found out a week ago he's been pocketing our rent money and not paying the rent!"
Jon and Kate Gosselin
This past year was an absolute whirlwind for Jon and Kate Gosselin. Take a look at the couple who owned the tabloid covers of 2009.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- Longtime Friend Of Hot Car Dad Ross Cooper Confused By Ongoing Events, Prays There's A Reasonable Explanation For It All
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Toni Garrn Enjoy An Afternoon On Their Yacht Off The Coast Of Saint-Tropez France
- Kelsey Grammer And His Wife Kayte Grammer Welcome Their Son Gabriel To The World
- Alec Baldwin appears in NYC court after Shia LaBeouf leaves
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- The Naked Warwick Rowing Team Is Back! See 7 Stupid Hot Pics of the Completely Nude Hunks
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives in Court After Cabaret Arrest, Actor His Trades Scruffy Appearance for Sharp Suit
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Previews Life Without Damon and Bonnie in Season 6