Obamas in Paradise: Boxer-Brief Bombers, Revolutions in Iran, Scraped Chins
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 29th 2009 12:08AM
It was supposed to be a very beachy Christmas for President Obama and the First Family. But since touching down in Hawaii on Christmas Eve following the passage of his healthcare reform bill, Barack has repeatedly been forced to drop the piña colada and tighten up the Double Windsor. In the latest emergency in paradise, the President was rushed off the golf course Monday afternoon and thrown into a speeding motorcade, prompting the nation to guess the worst.
Barack was an hour into a round of golf at Luana Hills Country Club near his childhood home just outside Honolulu when he was unexpectedly rushed away in a blur of tinted windows. From what we heard in real-time through Twitter and itchy bloggers, it was reminiscent of something you'd expect in a Tom Clancy film, not real life.
As the news trickled out, America expected the worst. It didn't help to hear that an ambulance had arrived as well at the beachfront property where the Obamas are currently staying.
But just 15 minutes after pulling into the driveway, the ambulance departed, leaving the press corps huddled outside the gates to wonder about the status of the President. Reporters didn't have long to wonder. Minutes later the motorcade left the property racing Mr. Obama and the rest of his foursome back to the golf course.
Only now are details emerging on the murky incident that transpired on day 5 of the First Family's vacation. White House spokesman Bill Burton reported late Monday that "the First Family is fine." He initially declined giving any further detail.
But later Monday the truth came out. The son of Eric Whitaker, one of the President's golf buddies and a longtime Chicago friend, had suffered a "run-of-the-mill beach injury." Burton said, "Eric and Cheryl Whitaker's son was examined and released from the hospital. He is home playing with his friends and just fine." The boy reportedly did not need stitches.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- Kelsey Grammer And His Wife Kayte Grammer Welcome Their Son Gabriel To The World
- A Baby To Save Their Marriage: Troubled Portia De Rossi Reportedly Wants A Baby With Wife Ellen DeGeneres? And Even Consults A Surrogacy Agency!
- It's Here! Check Out Brand New ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Preview (That Some Say Reeks Of Cheesiness!)
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Naked Warwick Rowing Team Is Back! See 7 Stupid Hot Pics of the Completely Nude Hunks
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives in Court After Cabaret Arrest, Actor His Trades Scruffy Appearance for Sharp Suit
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Previews Life Without Damon and Bonnie in Season 6