Report: Lack of 'Chemistry' Sends Swift and Lautner to Splitsville
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 01:02PM
The tale of two Taylors apparently has an unhappy ending. Country darling Taylor Swift and 'New Moon' hunk-a-meat Taylor Lautner have broken up after a few months of dating, according to an UsMagazine.com report.
"It wasn't really developing into anything, and wasn't going to, so they decided they were better as friends," a source close to Swift, 20, told the magazine. "There was no chemistry, and it felt contrived."
To make it all the more heartbreaking, "He liked her more than she liked him," said the source of Lautner, 17. "He went everywhere he could to see her, but she didn't travel much to see him."
The pair met in late summer on the set of the movie 'Valentine's Day' -- which they both appear in, and reportedly started dating soon thereafter. They've been spotted on several teen-appropriate dates (grabbing some frozen yogurt with Swift's mom) and even joked about their relationship in separate monologues on 'Saturday Night Live.'
According to the source, they broke up in mid-December but "plan to stay friends." They'll have to, since both will likely be out promoting 'Valentine's Day' ahead of it February release.
Taylor Swift Snapshots
Taylor Swift performs onstage during Z100's Jingle Ball at Madison Square Garden on December 11, 2009 in New York City. Check out what she's been up to lately >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie' adds Mark Feuerstein for final season
- Ecuador's PR firm reportedly spent more than $500G on celebrity endorsements
- U2 haters prompt Apple to release tool to remove free album
- This ?Scandal' clothing line lets you dress just like Olivia Pope
- ?Orange Is the New Black' meets ?Golden Girls' in new mash-up video
- Bruce Springsteen headlines Stand Up For Heroes event
- Tracey Edmonds Gets ?The Real' Treatment
- ?The View' Heats Up! Rosie O'Donnell and Nicolle Wallace Clash
- Barbra Streisand Is Ready for a Female President
- Eva Mendes, Ryan Gosling Welcome First Child Together; Julie Chen Reveals Her Grandfather Was a Polygamist: Top 5 Stories
- Joan Rivers: Doctor Took Selfie With Unconscious Comedian, Performed Biopsy Without Consent -- Details
- Diane Keaton Reveals Her Massive Girl Crush on Amy Poehler -- Read Her Funny Tweets Here!