Report: Lack of 'Chemistry' Sends Swift and Lautner to Splitsville
By PopEater Staff Posted Dec 29th 2009 01:02PM
The tale of two Taylors apparently has an unhappy ending. Country darling Taylor Swift and 'New Moon' hunk-a-meat Taylor Lautner have broken up after a few months of dating, according to an UsMagazine.com report.
"It wasn't really developing into anything, and wasn't going to, so they decided they were better as friends," a source close to Swift, 20, told the magazine. "There was no chemistry, and it felt contrived."
To make it all the more heartbreaking, "He liked her more than she liked him," said the source of Lautner, 17. "He went everywhere he could to see her, but she didn't travel much to see him."
The pair met in late summer on the set of the movie 'Valentine's Day' -- which they both appear in, and reportedly started dating soon thereafter. They've been spotted on several teen-appropriate dates (grabbing some frozen yogurt with Swift's mom) and even joked about their relationship in separate monologues on 'Saturday Night Live.'
According to the source, they broke up in mid-December but "plan to stay friends." They'll have to, since both will likely be out promoting 'Valentine's Day' ahead of it February release.
Taylor Swift Snapshots
Taylor Swift performs onstage during Z100's Jingle Ball at Madison Square Garden on December 11, 2009 in New York City. Check out what she's been up to lately >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Reports: '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Win a Grillbot! The First Automatic Grill-Cleaning Robot
- Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations: Old Police Report Reveals New Details
- Idina Menzel Talks Upcoming Tour, ?Frozen 2,' and Starting Over
- Jennifer Aniston Shares Epic '90s Photo With Her Natural Hair, Makes Us Miss Friends Even More
- Tom Cruise Jumped on Oprah's Couch, Freaked Out Over Being in Love With Katie Holmes 10 Years Ago - Relive the Moment!
- Robin Thicke, Girlfriend April Love Geary Turn Heads at Cannes