Jon Gosselin and Hailey Glassman: The True Story
By Jo Piazza Posted Dec 30th 2009 03:51PM
In the aftermath of the alleged ransacking of the Manhattan apartment they shared, Jon Gosselin and ex-girlfriend Hailey Glassman are continuing to fling accusations at one another. It seems their short-lived love really was as fickle as an inconstant moon.
But there was a time when these two crazy kids (loose usage of word kid) were just wild about each other. Because we love love, more than we even like hate, PopEater wants to take you back to a happier time for Jon and Hailey, a time of gushy tweets and trips to France, a time filled with tears of love instead of slashed furniture.
The sweet sweet start of love: Only a few weeks after Jon announced he and Kate would be filing for divorce, he spilled to PEOPLE magazine about his burgeoning romance with Hailey, the daughter of his ex-wife's plastic surgeon, whom he had recently taken on a trip to the South of France.
"Hailey and I have been family friends for several years and only very recently began dating," Jon told the mag. "What began as friendship has grown into something more. I genuinely enjoy spending time with her. It's nice to be with someone who I can confide in and trust and who accepts me for who I am."
In the heat of it: In September Jon got candid (really candid) with ABC's Chris Cuomo, talking about his feelings for Hailey, using the L-word for the first time and graphically describing his feelings. "It's like when you look at her my heart pounds. I get sweaty. I feel like I love her more." Gross.
The pair moved in together in Jon's Upper West side bachelor pad and things seemed good...until they didn't.
The end of the affair: Even as their love affair was slowly unraveling, after Hailey revealed that Jon was prone to "mantrums," and Jon started meeting with his spiritual advisors to try to rid himself of the angst he felt for missing out on all the fun in his early twenties, Gosselin gave this ode to Hailey to The Insider: "She has always been there for me and with no judgment......She has been my best friend and I admire her as a person. I need to be honest not only for myself, but also for my children. I will forever love Hailey.... She is in no way a home wrecker. That's absolutely ridiculous and false when the world calls her that! She has given up her happiness the last seven months and taken the brunt of my anger and the world's disappointment of Kate and I separating for my well-being. She has been selfless and never ever asked me for anything or anything of me. She's been the best friend I have ever had and I only wish the world could get to know her and see what an amazing person she is, instead of constantly judging her of lies and things that are NOT true."
Hailey told The Insider: "I don't want to leave him all alone. At the end of the day, I love him but I dislike him at times. When I love someone I would never hurt them."
During a sit-down with ET's Mary Hart, Hailey said every time she tried to leave Jon she couldn't because he cried. "I do love you, and you tell me you love me -- we would love each other and we want to be with each other, but it's not healthy!" Hailey wailed.
Fast-forward to Christmas day. The apartment that Jon and Hailey shared is ransacked and a war of words erupts over who is to blame.
Today HollywoodLife.com reports that Jon and Hailey will be getting together to discuss the holiday break-in like adults rather than flinging insults at each other through the press.
RIP Jon and Hailey. Just remember, tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Xoxoxo.
Jon & Kate Pics
FILE-This Oct. 26, 2009 file photo shows Jon Gosselin after he exited the Montgomery County courthouse in Norristown, Pa. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke,File)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!