AT&T Drops Tiger, Rush Recovers, 'Mythbusters' Loses a Friend
By Sam Brand Posted Dec 31st 2009 11:04AM
Erik Gates was called upon any time 'Mythbusters' needed a rocket expert. Fans of the show are learning he passed away earlier this month. Rush Limbaugh is said to be "resting comfortably" in a Honolulu hospital after experiencing chest pains on Wednesday. And Tiger Woods has lost a big sponsor. This is What You're Searching For Today...
Erik Gates – When a 'Mythbusters' challenge called for a rocket expert, Erik Gates, electrical engineer and amateur rocketeer was summoned. The frequent contributor to the show died on Dec. 20 after suffering critical injuries following a 30 foot fall. Gates was in Newbury Park, Calif. doing electrical work unrelated to the Discovery Channel show. He was 47.
Rush Limbaugh – Rush is "resting comfortably" at a Honolulu hospital today, less than a day after being admitted for chest pains, according to a statement released by 'The Rush Limbaugh Program.' ABC News says it is unclear if Limbaugh will be back on the air on Jan. 4, as scheduled. According to Limbaugh's site, "He will keep you updated via RushLimbaugh.com and on Thursday's radio program."
Tiger Woods AT&T – AT&T has joined consulting firm Accenture PLC in dropping Tiger Woods as a spokesman. The giant telecommunications provider did not give a reason for cutting ties with the golfer. Not that there's any mystery, especially in light of reports that Woods has cost his sponsors as much as $12 billion since crashing his car into a tree on Nov. 27. Tiger maintains relationships with companies Tag Heuer, Gatorade, Nike and Gillette, among others.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- French Montana Dishes on Khloe Kardashian Split: "She's My Baby Forever"
- Lauren Conrad's Longtime Stylist Kristin Ess Explains Why the Star Keeps Getting Haircuts
- Andy Cohen Was "Basically Crying" at RHONJ Reunion, "Could Barely Look at" Teresa Giudice
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers