Kate Gosselin's Got a New Dating Show?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 31st 2009 08:02AM
Kate Gosselin's first stab at reality didn't end up smelling like roses (more like a bad scented candle that you can't re-gift), so I'm left scratching my head with word that the original TV octo-mom may be looking for love via reality television. That's right ... a Kate Gosselin reality dating show. Oh, 2010, we don't know whether to love or hate you! All that, plus how 'Nine' is the musical grim reaper and my New Year's resolutions after the jump!
Kate Gosselin's Octo-Dating Show
Oh no, say it ain't so. Sources tell me the newly-single Kate Gosselin is in discussions to star in a new reality show -- this time focusing on finding new (and hopefully snipped) love! "Love her or hate her, people are fascinated by Kate," a TV executive tells me. "she has a lot of mouths to feed and Kate looking for love will certainly put bread on the table."
But before you return your TV to Best Buy, take note that the idea hasn't been greenlighted yet. "It's still in the development stage," says one insider -- and let's hope it stays there. Kate, we all want you to find love, but this time around, maybe keep the cameras out of it.
Also, may we suggest some titles? 'Date Kate!' or perhaps 'Who Wants to Marry an Octo-Mom?' ... no, we've got it: 'Oh,Give Me a Break!' Yeah, that one sings!
'Nine' = the Demise of Movie Musicals?
Speaking of singing -- after the disastrous debut of the movie musical 'Nine,' studio execs tell me it could be the final nail in the coffin of the genre. "Hollywood is scared of musicals. Even Disney abandoned the singing formula for a long time before they made under-performing 'Princess and the Frog,'" a fancy producer tells me.
That's is just too bad. I love 'The Sound of Music,' 'Chicago' and 'Fiddler on the Roof.'
"Every producer is looking at 'Nine' and wondering why it bombed with that cast. The conclusion they have all come to is musical don't sell tickets," the producer says.
Silly fools. It's not musicals that we don't like -- it's bad films.
New Year's Resolutions
I promise to not mention Heidi or Spencer (who is apparently Twittering about me ... thanks, Spency!) in my column for an entire year. I promise to take Curry, my Glen of Imaal Terrier, to the doggie park three, OK, four times a week. I promise to bring you the best gossip on all the stars you and I adore. I promise to try and respond to all the emails you send me (NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com) -- even the nasty ones, you know who you are. And finally, I promise to keep being naughty but nice!
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
Kate Gosselin leaving her house for the week end as Jon is coming to see the kids Nov 26, 2009 X17online.com exlusive
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan Share First Kiss on Fifty Shades of Grey Set: See the Pictures
- Simon Cowell Organized Baby Shower for Pregnant Girlfriend Lauren Silverman: All the Details!
- Michelle Obama Stuns at Kennedy Center Honors in Sexy, Glam Gown: Pictures
- On The Run: Thug Cops Say Attacked Paris Hilton's Brother Headed To Cuba, As Lindsay Lohan Faces Lawsuit For Reportedly ?Ordering' Attack
- Kandi Burruss Cries About Mama Joyce Haters, Says Her Mother ‘Can Have Whatever She Wants’
- Fears HIV Outbreak In Porn ‘Could Be Major’: Infected Star Could Have Exposed BOTH Men & Women To Deadly Virus
- MTV reportedly cancels 'Teen Mom 3'
- ?Lone Survivor': A tribute to fallen Navy SEALs that Hollywood investors almost refused to make
- 'Cherry Pie' girl Bobbi Brown: 'I wanted to shoot myself'
- Ben Affleck Tells Playboy Why He Won't Act With Jennifer Garner Again, Thinks Daredevil Was Worse Than Gigli
- Gisele Bündchen Celebrates Benjamin's 4th Birthday With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cake
- Jennifer Aniston's Holiday Party Brings Out Courteney Cox, Gwyneth Paltrow and More