Kate Gosselin's Got a New Dating Show?
By Rob Shuter Posted Dec 31st 2009 08:02AM
Kate Gosselin's first stab at reality didn't end up smelling like roses (more like a bad scented candle that you can't re-gift), so I'm left scratching my head with word that the original TV octo-mom may be looking for love via reality television. That's right ... a Kate Gosselin reality dating show. Oh, 2010, we don't know whether to love or hate you! All that, plus how 'Nine' is the musical grim reaper and my New Year's resolutions after the jump!
Kate Gosselin's Octo-Dating Show
Oh no, say it ain't so. Sources tell me the newly-single Kate Gosselin is in discussions to star in a new reality show -- this time focusing on finding new (and hopefully snipped) love! "Love her or hate her, people are fascinated by Kate," a TV executive tells me. "she has a lot of mouths to feed and Kate looking for love will certainly put bread on the table."
But before you return your TV to Best Buy, take note that the idea hasn't been greenlighted yet. "It's still in the development stage," says one insider -- and let's hope it stays there. Kate, we all want you to find love, but this time around, maybe keep the cameras out of it.
Also, may we suggest some titles? 'Date Kate!' or perhaps 'Who Wants to Marry an Octo-Mom?' ... no, we've got it: 'Oh,Give Me a Break!' Yeah, that one sings!
'Nine' = the Demise of Movie Musicals?
Speaking of singing -- after the disastrous debut of the movie musical 'Nine,' studio execs tell me it could be the final nail in the coffin of the genre. "Hollywood is scared of musicals. Even Disney abandoned the singing formula for a long time before they made under-performing 'Princess and the Frog,'" a fancy producer tells me.
That's is just too bad. I love 'The Sound of Music,' 'Chicago' and 'Fiddler on the Roof.'
"Every producer is looking at 'Nine' and wondering why it bombed with that cast. The conclusion they have all come to is musical don't sell tickets," the producer says.
Silly fools. It's not musicals that we don't like -- it's bad films.
New Year's Resolutions
I promise to not mention Heidi or Spencer (who is apparently Twittering about me ... thanks, Spency!) in my column for an entire year. I promise to take Curry, my Glen of Imaal Terrier, to the doggie park three, OK, four times a week. I promise to bring you the best gossip on all the stars you and I adore. I promise to try and respond to all the emails you send me (NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com) -- even the nasty ones, you know who you are. And finally, I promise to keep being naughty but nice!
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
Kate Gosselin leaving her house for the week end as Jon is coming to see the kids Nov 26, 2009 X17online.com exlusive
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kellie Pickler Wins Dancing With the Stars: My Husband Cried!
- Kristen Stewart's Mom Jules Stewart Confirms She Owns "Wolf-Hybrids" After Neighbor Dispute
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry Have Hilarious Friends Reunion on Ellen
- Howard Stern Haters Explain ‘Zoo Za Zoo’ Phenomenon, Say Radio Star Has Censored Phrase From The Airwaves
- No More Kitchen Nightmare? It’s Business As Usual At Amy’s Baking Company, Re-Opening Draws Hordes Of Onlookers
- 'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham gets new reality show
- 'Arrested Development' fans geeking out over Netflix return
- Toby Keith Visits Oklahoma Hometown: Tornado Damage Is "Awful, But People Here Are So Resilient"
- Maroon 5's "Love Somebody" Music Video Gives Fans a Sexy, Messy Adam Levine—Watch Now!
- Princesses: Long Island Sneak Peek: Meet the Ladies During Their First Photo Shoot