Elton John Helps Eminem Fight Drug Use
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 2nd 2010 08:09AM
BBC Radio Saturday that Eminem is succeeding in his well-publicized battle against substance abuse. "I've been helping Eminem over the last 18 months and he's doing brilliantly," John says, reports the British Press Association. "I'm there if people want my help. If people ask for help you tell them where to go but there's no point advising people if they don't want to do it."John believes that as a recovered drug abuser, he is happy to help people if they want the assistance but drugs make people so cocky and arrogant that they often reject help.
Eminem, who had been accused of being homophobic, performed with John during the 43rd Annual Grammy Awards on February 21, 2001. The two sang Eminem's song 'Stan' to show the rapper had no hate for the LGBT community. Eminem won three Grammys despite anger over his lyrics, which critics revile as anti-gay and violent.
In May, Eminem admitted he'd suffered from a devastating drug addiction that led to him downing as many as 20 Vicodin, Ambien and Valium in a day. "The numbers got so high," he told Vibe magazine, "I don't even know what I was taking.
Following his first stint in rehab in 2005, the rapper said he nearly overdosed after an acquaintance gave him unidentified blue pills, which a doctor later told him were actually methadone.
MORE ABOUT Eminem
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eminem Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged with 1983 murder of girlfriend
- James Bond author sorry for saying Idris Elba 'too street' for 007
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for storming stage at concert
- Julia Roberts Steps Out with Husband and Kids to Support Surfer Kelly Slater
- 'Life in Pieces' Actor James Brolin Talks Barbra Streisand 'Gypsy' Remake, Weighs-In on Hillary & Donald
- Rihanna Celebrates Her New RiRi Perfume, Calls Kanye's VMAs Speech 'Incredible'
- Kelis Opens Up About Her Second Pregnancy: I've Been Craving Tomatoes!
- Nicky Hilton Adoringly Laughs at Husband James Rothschild's Bare-Butt Wardrobe Malfunction on Italian Vacation: Cute Pics
- Ian Somerhalder, Nikki Reed Reveal Dreamy New Photos From Their Top-Secret Wedding: How They Pulled It Off