Elton John Helps Eminem Fight Drug Use
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 2nd 2010 08:09AM
BBC Radio Saturday that Eminem is succeeding in his well-publicized battle against substance abuse. "I've been helping Eminem over the last 18 months and he's doing brilliantly," John says, reports the British Press Association. "I'm there if people want my help. If people ask for help you tell them where to go but there's no point advising people if they don't want to do it."John believes that as a recovered drug abuser, he is happy to help people if they want the assistance but drugs make people so cocky and arrogant that they often reject help.
Eminem, who had been accused of being homophobic, performed with John during the 43rd Annual Grammy Awards on February 21, 2001. The two sang Eminem's song 'Stan' to show the rapper had no hate for the LGBT community. Eminem won three Grammys despite anger over his lyrics, which critics revile as anti-gay and violent.
In May, Eminem admitted he'd suffered from a devastating drug addiction that led to him downing as many as 20 Vicodin, Ambien and Valium in a day. "The numbers got so high," he told Vibe magazine, "I don't even know what I was taking.
Following his first stint in rehab in 2005, the rapper said he nearly overdosed after an acquaintance gave him unidentified blue pills, which a doctor later told him were actually methadone.
MORE ABOUT Eminem
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eminem Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Patty Hearst's husband Bernard Shaw dies at 68
- Police search for car in connection with death of 'America's Next Top Model' director
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E
- Who should win ?The X Factor'? *Crickets*
- ?It should be illegal to call somebody fat on TV,' says Jennifer Lawrence ? VIDEO
- ?Top of the Morning': Who should play Matt Lauer and Ann Curry in Lifetime movie?
- Extra Scoop: Bradley Cooper Says Past Drug Abuse Nearly Sabotaged His Life
- The Top Celebrity Moments on Social Media in 2013
- Beauty by the Numbers: Travel Like a Star!