Elton John Helps Eminem Fight Drug Use
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 2nd 2010 08:09AM
BBC Radio Saturday that Eminem is succeeding in his well-publicized battle against substance abuse. "I've been helping Eminem over the last 18 months and he's doing brilliantly," John says, reports the British Press Association. "I'm there if people want my help. If people ask for help you tell them where to go but there's no point advising people if they don't want to do it."John believes that as a recovered drug abuser, he is happy to help people if they want the assistance but drugs make people so cocky and arrogant that they often reject help.
Eminem, who had been accused of being homophobic, performed with John during the 43rd Annual Grammy Awards on February 21, 2001. The two sang Eminem's song 'Stan' to show the rapper had no hate for the LGBT community. Eminem won three Grammys despite anger over his lyrics, which critics revile as anti-gay and violent.
In May, Eminem admitted he'd suffered from a devastating drug addiction that led to him downing as many as 20 Vicodin, Ambien and Valium in a day. "The numbers got so high," he told Vibe magazine, "I don't even know what I was taking.
Following his first stint in rehab in 2005, the rapper said he nearly overdosed after an acquaintance gave him unidentified blue pills, which a doctor later told him were actually methadone.
MORE ABOUT Eminem
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eminem Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone Say ?Aloha' to New Romantic Comedy
- Comedy Great Anne Meara of Stiller & Meara, Ben Stiller's Mom, Dies at 85
- Confirmed: Prince Harry Finally Meets His Niece!
- Jessa Duggar's Father-in-Law Michael Seewald Responds to Josh Duggar's Molestation Allegations: "Hang In There"
- Anna Duggar Shared Cryptic Quote About Forgiveness Days Before Josh Duggar Molestation Allegations Surfaced
- Kris Jenner Shares "Fun and Silly" Text Messages From Rob Kardashian and Kids