Amanda Simpson Gets a Job, Incarcerated Bob and Tiger Woods Take Time Off
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 4th 2010 12:47PM
President Obama has named his first transgender appointee. Enigmatically sexed former test pilot Amanda Simpson was announced as the Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department. In other news, frequent WFAN caller "Incarcerated Bob" was taken off life support after incurring critical injuries in a Jan. 1 car wreck. And TMZ is reporting Tiger Woods may be hiding in Africa. This is What You're Searching For Today...
Amanda Simpson – The newly appointed Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department might not be the first transgender presidential appointee, but she is certainly the latest. In a Dec. 31 statement announcing her appointment, Simpson writes, "as one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others." Simpson had previously worked as a test pilot and Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development at aerospace and defense contractor Raytheon. Simpson "transitioned from male to female" while working for the company, according to ABC News.
Incarcerated Bob – A frequent caller into New York sports radio shows, Incarcerated Bob reportedly died after a drunk driver smashed into his car on New Years day. According to Bob's Twitter site (which has been commandeered by his older brother), Bob was driving home from Atlantic City when his car was struck, leaving the beloved Jets and Yankees fan in critical condition. "The family took him off life support 2night," incarceratedbob tweeted at 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
Tiger Woods Africa – TMZ is adding a new location to the list of Tiger's hypothetical hiding places. A source tells the gossip site, "Tiger was very clear on his plan – go to a friend's estate in Africa and completely disappear from public view." TMZ reported on Sunday that Tiger may have checked into the Trump International Hotel in New York City, booked an entire floor for himself, and ordered 20 bottles of vodka up to his floor. The media had previously guessed Vanity Fair's February cover boy to be hiding in Palm Beach, Arizona and California.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton Have Lip-Sync Battle With Jimmy Fallon; Vanessa, Nick Lachey Celebrate Adorable Son's Birthday: Top 5 Stories
- Ylvis Band Introduces "Trucker's Hitch" After "What Does the Fox Say?" Success: Watch Now!
- Connie Britton, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand Were College Roommates: See the Amazing '80s Throwback Photo
- Craigslist Killers Sentenced To Life In Prison Without Parole
- Jackie Kennedy’s Suicide Secret! Former First Lady Was Tormented By Suicidal Thoughts After JFK's Death, Numbed Herself With Vodka, And Dreamed Of Seeing Him In Heaven, New Book Reveals
- Hollywood studios are urged to take extra precautions filming abroad amid rising global security issues
- 'NCIS' moves down South with New Orleans spinoff
- Ben Affleck admits he counts cards
- Melissa Rivers Reveals That Barack Obama Sent Condolences After Joan Rivers' Passing—See Her Emotional First Public Appearance
- Mila Kunis Apparently Wants to Give Birth in a Yoga Studio: 8 Photos of Her Progressively Growing Baby Bump in Workout Wear
- First Look: See Alexandra Shipp as Aaliyah in Lifetime's Upcoming Biopic of the Late Singer