Amanda Simpson Gets a Job, Incarcerated Bob and Tiger Woods Take Time Off
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 4th 2010 12:47PM
President Obama has named his first transgender appointee. Enigmatically sexed former test pilot Amanda Simpson was announced as the Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department. In other news, frequent WFAN caller "Incarcerated Bob" was taken off life support after incurring critical injuries in a Jan. 1 car wreck. And TMZ is reporting Tiger Woods may be hiding in Africa. This is What You're Searching For Today...
Amanda Simpson – The newly appointed Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department might not be the first transgender presidential appointee, but she is certainly the latest. In a Dec. 31 statement announcing her appointment, Simpson writes, "as one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others." Simpson had previously worked as a test pilot and Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development at aerospace and defense contractor Raytheon. Simpson "transitioned from male to female" while working for the company, according to ABC News.
Incarcerated Bob – A frequent caller into New York sports radio shows, Incarcerated Bob reportedly died after a drunk driver smashed into his car on New Years day. According to Bob's Twitter site (which has been commandeered by his older brother), Bob was driving home from Atlantic City when his car was struck, leaving the beloved Jets and Yankees fan in critical condition. "The family took him off life support 2night," incarceratedbob tweeted at 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
Tiger Woods Africa – TMZ is adding a new location to the list of Tiger's hypothetical hiding places. A source tells the gossip site, "Tiger was very clear on his plan – go to a friend's estate in Africa and completely disappear from public view." TMZ reported on Sunday that Tiger may have checked into the Trump International Hotel in New York City, booked an entire floor for himself, and ordered 20 bottles of vodka up to his floor. The media had previously guessed Vanity Fair's February cover boy to be hiding in Palm Beach, Arizona and California.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mila Kunis Shows Off Growing Baby Bump, Kourtney Kardashian Wears Bootylicious Swimsuit: Top Stories
- Matt Bomer Reveals He Married Partner Simon Halls Three Years Ago
- Meryl Streep: I Thought I Was Too Ugly to Be an Actress
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn Lowry Talks Living in a Homeless Shelter: "I Didn't Want My Son to Be Taken Away From Me"
- Glee's Touching Tribute to Cory Monteith, Death and Deception on Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. and More OMG TV Moments!
- Chef Candice Kumai's Favorite Healthy Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Earth Day