Amanda Simpson Gets a Job, Incarcerated Bob and Tiger Woods Take Time Off
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 4th 2010 12:47PM
President Obama has named his first transgender appointee. Enigmatically sexed former test pilot Amanda Simpson was announced as the Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department. In other news, frequent WFAN caller "Incarcerated Bob" was taken off life support after incurring critical injuries in a Jan. 1 car wreck. And TMZ is reporting Tiger Woods may be hiding in Africa. This is What You're Searching For Today...
Amanda Simpson – The newly appointed Senior Technical Advisor to the Commerce Department might not be the first transgender presidential appointee, but she is certainly the latest. In a Dec. 31 statement announcing her appointment, Simpson writes, "as one of the first transgender presidential appointees to the federal government, I hope that I will soon be one of hundreds, and that this appointment opens future opportunities for many others." Simpson had previously worked as a test pilot and Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development at aerospace and defense contractor Raytheon. Simpson "transitioned from male to female" while working for the company, according to ABC News.
Incarcerated Bob – A frequent caller into New York sports radio shows, Incarcerated Bob reportedly died after a drunk driver smashed into his car on New Years day. According to Bob's Twitter site (which has been commandeered by his older brother), Bob was driving home from Atlantic City when his car was struck, leaving the beloved Jets and Yankees fan in critical condition. "The family took him off life support 2night," incarceratedbob tweeted at 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 3.
Tiger Woods Africa – TMZ is adding a new location to the list of Tiger's hypothetical hiding places. A source tells the gossip site, "Tiger was very clear on his plan – go to a friend's estate in Africa and completely disappear from public view." TMZ reported on Sunday that Tiger may have checked into the Trump International Hotel in New York City, booked an entire floor for himself, and ordered 20 bottles of vodka up to his floor. The media had previously guessed Vanity Fair's February cover boy to be hiding in Palm Beach, Arizona and California.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor After the Final Rose Recap: Juan Pablo Can't Say "I Love You"
- Andi Dorfman Named Bachelorette for Season 10!
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
- My Mom Is To Blame! ‘Teen Mom’ Jenelle Evans Defends Baby Daddy Yelling At Her Mother, Says He Overheard Her Making Rude Comments About Him
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Beauty and the Beast's Sexy Reunion, How I Met Your Mother's Big Secret Revealed and More OMG TV Moments
- The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Juan Pablo Choose Nikki or Clare? Plus, Find Out if They're Still Together!
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are All Over Each Other in Sexy New Dance Video—Watch Now!