Tila Tequila's Fiancee Casey Johnson Dies
By Mike Hess Posted Jan 4th 2010 10:30PM
Casey Johnson (above, left), who was said to be engaged to reality star Tila Tequila, was found dead at the age of 30 on Monday morning in Los Angeles, TMZ is reporting. A spokesman for her father, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, confirmed the family was in mourning in a statement. Information on when or how Johnson died has not been released.
A law enforcement source has told TMZ that Johnson may have died days ago.
Tequila all but confirmed the news earlier in the evening with a post on Twitter, saying "R.I.P. my Angel ... we will Marry when I see U in Heaven." Johnson became a familiar name thanks to her relationship with Tequila.
At first, Tequila responded to the swirling news reports of Johnson's death by saying "I just got news that my fiance is not dead but currently in a coma!!!"
Johnson had reportedly battled with substance abuse for years.
In November, Johnson was arrested for grand theft after she allegedly stole a handful of items -- including lingerie, jewelry and electronics -- from a former girlfriend. She was also in a protracted battle with her mother, Sale Johnson, for custody of an adopted daughter.
PopEater's Rob Shuter, who knew Johnson, says he last saw her eight months ago, and that "she was a lost little girl who just wanted to be loved. Unlike Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, who have found happiness, Casey always seemed a troubled soul."
Shuter says that Johnson "had a difficult relationship with her family's huge wealth -- loving the life it gave her but making everything she did feel worthless. She had the 'why bother' attitude. Nothing she ever did could live up to what her family had done. She once described her family money as the 'golden handcuffs,' which made me really sad. She was the ultimate little lost rich girl."
Casey Johnson Snapshots
Casey Johnson attends the Famous Stars and Straps 10th Anniversary and Snoop Dogg's 10th album release "Malice N Wonderland" party at Vanguard on December 8, 2009 in Hollywood, California.
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHONY Recap: Bethenny Frankel Battles Ramona Singer Over "Stolen" Dress at Sonja Morgan's Fashion Show
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Alison Falls Into Charles' Clutches on Prom Night
- Shonda Rhimes Explains Why Derek Had to Die on Grey's Anatomy
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Ansel Elgort Covers Teen Vogue, Reveals Why He Cried During One of The Greatest Days of His Life
- Raven-Symoné Hosts Epic That's So Raven Reunion at The View, Teases Exciting Project With the Disney Cast
- Check Out Giuliana Rancic's Biggest E! News Moments Over the Years, Plus a Mash-Up of Her Signature Faces!