Emile Hirsch Joins Jessica Biel on Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 4th 2010 11:15AM
Emile Hirsch is on his way to Africa to climb the continent's highest peak.
The 'Into the Wild' and 'Milk' star is joining Jessica Biel, Lupe Fiasco, Isabel Lucas and Elizabeth Gore for a weeklong trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. The Summit on the Summit expedition, which begins Thursday, aims to use star power to help raise awareness about the need for clean water worldwide.
The 24-year-old Hirsch says the climb combines "an epic adventure with an educational process on the global water crisis." Fans can follow the climb online and donate as little as a dollar to provide clean water to those who need it.
Hirsch says he's ready for the more than 19,000-foot challenge, saying, "Put this on the books: I'm making it to the top."
Someone who won't be on the climb is Biel's boyfriend Justin Timberlake, whose strength training sessions in recent months fueled reports he'd be tackling Kilimanjaro as well. Instead of climbing, Timberlake will be portraying Internet entrepreneur Sean Parker in the movie 'The Social Network.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- BET, Bounce TV pull 'Cosby Show' reruns from air
- Paula Deen blasted for brownface Twitter picture
- LAPD investigating Bill Cosby's alleged sexual abuse of young model
- Fox Plans Movie About Same-Sex Marriage Case Plaintiff
- Meet Daniel Day Lewis' Look-Alike Son, Gabriel-Kane
- Henson's Long In the Works Crime Puppet Movie Finds New Home at STX
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Comic-Con: 11 Panels You Need to Get in Line for This Year
- You're Not Going to See a New 'Star Wars' Trailer at Comic-Con
- Han Solo 'Star Wars' Spinoff Due in 2018, 'LEGO Movie' Directors Attached