Emile Hirsch Joins Jessica Biel on Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 4th 2010 11:15AM
Emile Hirsch is on his way to Africa to climb the continent's highest peak.
The 'Into the Wild' and 'Milk' star is joining Jessica Biel, Lupe Fiasco, Isabel Lucas and Elizabeth Gore for a weeklong trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. The Summit on the Summit expedition, which begins Thursday, aims to use star power to help raise awareness about the need for clean water worldwide.
The 24-year-old Hirsch says the climb combines "an epic adventure with an educational process on the global water crisis." Fans can follow the climb online and donate as little as a dollar to provide clean water to those who need it.
Hirsch says he's ready for the more than 19,000-foot challenge, saying, "Put this on the books: I'm making it to the top."
Someone who won't be on the climb is Biel's boyfriend Justin Timberlake, whose strength training sessions in recent months fueled reports he'd be tackling Kilimanjaro as well. Instead of climbing, Timberlake will be portraying Internet entrepreneur Sean Parker in the movie 'The Social Network.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Orson Welles' final film may be released
- 'I Was Here': Beyonce song inspires Iraqi youth peace movement
- 'Doctor Who' Season Finale to be Special Extended Episode
- 'Colbert Report' Sets Date for Final Show
- Marvel Comics Changes Credits in Wake of Jack Kirby Settlement
- 'Horns' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About Daniel Radcliffe's Devilish New Movie
- Man Dressed as Teletubby Arrested for Stealing Chinese Food
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in AMC Miniseries With Hugh Laurie