Emile Hirsch Joins Jessica Biel on Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jan 4th 2010 11:15AM
Emile Hirsch is on his way to Africa to climb the continent's highest peak.
The 'Into the Wild' and 'Milk' star is joining Jessica Biel, Lupe Fiasco, Isabel Lucas and Elizabeth Gore for a weeklong trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. The Summit on the Summit expedition, which begins Thursday, aims to use star power to help raise awareness about the need for clean water worldwide.
The 24-year-old Hirsch says the climb combines "an epic adventure with an educational process on the global water crisis." Fans can follow the climb online and donate as little as a dollar to provide clean water to those who need it.
Hirsch says he's ready for the more than 19,000-foot challenge, saying, "Put this on the books: I'm making it to the top."
Someone who won't be on the climb is Biel's boyfriend Justin Timberlake, whose strength training sessions in recent months fueled reports he'd be tackling Kilimanjaro as well. Instead of climbing, Timberlake will be portraying Internet entrepreneur Sean Parker in the movie 'The Social Network.'
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stars without the warpaint
- Kim Kardashian nearly nude at 2015 Met Gala, as is Beyonce
- Wheelchair-bound 'Price Is Right' contestant wins treadmill
- Sydney Film Festival: Geoffrey Rush's 'The Daughter' to Premiere, Line Up Expands to 251 Films
- Jon Stewart Mocks GOP Candidates by Singing Eminem Tunes
- 'Agents of SHIELD' EP on Jiaying's Big Move and the Mystery Behind the Kree Stone