Merlin Olsen Suing Studios for Asbestos Exposure
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 4th 2010 10:59AM
TMZ (see the document), Olsen links blames NBC Studios, NBC Universal, 20th Century Fox Film Corporation, Sherwin Williams and Lennox industries for his disease.
Merlin On and Off the Field
According to the suit, the companies "were engaged in the business of manufacturing, fabricating, designing, assembling, distributing, leasing, buying, selling, inspecting, servicing, installing, repairing, marketing, warranting and advertising a certain substance the generic name of which is asbestos."
He is currently undergoing chemotherapy to treat the disease.
Olsen played for 15 years with the NFL's Los Angeles Rams, going to the Pro Bowl a whopping 14 times and landing himself on 1999's '100 Greatest Football Players' list in The Sporting News.
and later went on to a career in broadcasting and acting. He had roles on 'Father Murphy,' 'Little House on the Prairie' and 'Aaron's Way,' and was also a commercial spokesman for FTD Florists.
In the lawsuit, Olsen calls mesothelioma "a vicious, painful, and invariably fatal malignancy." There's no word of how much Olsen and his wife are seeking from the lawsuit.
Celebrity Health Scares
Merlin Olsen is undergoing chemotherapy for mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer linked to asbestos exposure. The football legend and actor is suing past employers, including NBC and Fox, claiming they exposed him to the dangerous chemical.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lamar Odom Officially Signs With New York Knicks for Remainder of NBA Season
- Alan Thicke Talks Son Robin's Split, Kirk Cameron Bailing on Growing Pains Reunion
- Scandal Stars Scott Foley, Joshua Malina to Join Shonda Rhimes on Post-Finale Jimmy Kimmel Special: First Look!
- Monster Mom Tamra Barney ‘Needs To Take Responsibility’ For Text Message Tirade, Top Psychologist Says: ‘You’re The Mature Adult, Walk Away!'
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor said I had two years to live
- Real Housewives of Atlanta's Porsha Williams Charged With Battery After Scuffle With Kenya Moore During Reunion Taping
- Jaime King's Pilgrim LBD: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop?
- Zac Efron Keeps His Shirt On, Seth Rogen Disses Aaron Rodgers in New Neighbors Promo: Watch Now!