Kathy Griffin Banned From CNN
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 5th 2010 02:00AM
dropping the f-bomb on this year's show. Sorry Kathy, but we don't think Fox News will be knocking down your door now that you're available! More on Kathy's banning, plus Rosie O'Donnell's new love and more after the jump!
Kathy Griffin Banned From CNN
Following her very controversial F-bomb-dropping New Year's Eve hosting gig, CNN executives have decided Kathy Griffin will NOT be getting a 2011 invite. "She was a total embarrassment to the network that calls themselves 'The Most Trusted Name in News.' Even Anderson (Cooper, her co-host) thinks it's time to say goodbye to Kathy," a CNN insider tells me.
Not only did the potty-mouthed redhead drop the F bomb on live TV, she also made not-so-funny jokes about needing a "bump" of cocaine and asked Cooper if he pleasured himself while looking in the mirror. As sexy as the Silver Fox is ... that's just too much, Kathy.
Even worse than the comedienne's desperate need to shock was the fact that the show was a ratings bomb, as it fell far behind the family-friendly 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve' on ABC.
Still, CNN publicist Shimrit Sheetrit tells me: "No decisions have been made yet regarding next year's show."
CNN, I find it hard to believe that you have not yet made a decision regarding someone who drops the F bombs live on your network!!!
Either way, it's nice to see Dick Clark on top like the classy fella he is.
Rosie's New Soul Mate
Although their romance is still in its early stages, friends of Rosie O'Donnell tell me the former 'View' host -- who revealed in November that she and partner Kelly Carpenter had been separated for two years -- is happier than ever now that she's with Tracy Kachtick-Anders.
"Rosie has a huge smile on her face and is saying she has met her soul mate. That love is better the second time around as she can be honest from day one about her relationship rather than hide it behind closed doors," a friend tells me. "Tracy is perfect for Rosie. She has six kids of her own and couldn't care less about how rich and powerful Rosie is. All she wants from Rosie is love."
I'm happy for you, Rosie. Best of luck.
'Harry Potter' Surprise
I spent New Year's Day with the ever-fabulous two-time Tony Award winner Christine Ebersole at her open house in New Jersey. It was filled with Broadway singers (Michael Feinstein) producers (Randall Wreghitt) cute songwriters (Bruce Sussman) and lawyers (yuk.)
But my favorite was ... Alan Rickman, aka Professor Serverus Snape from the 'Harry Potter' films. Children from the neighborhood were two-deep looking through Christine's front window trying to get a glimpse of the mysterious Professor, and when they did, they couldn't have been more surprised. Snape was a doll. The only person at the party with more magic than Rickman was Ebersole herself!
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Katy Perry and boyfriend Russell Brand arrive in Jaipur, India on December 30th.
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- TV News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Hottest Stories -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vanessa Hudgens Ditches Red Hair, Goes Dark With Bangs: See Her New Hairstyle
- Lacey Chabert Wears Her Actual Wedding Dress for Holiday Movie -- Who Says You Only Wear It Once?
- Duggar Fans Create Counter-Petition to Save TLC Show; Watch Jimmy Kimmel's Latest Mean Tweets Segment: Top 5 Stories
- Could Adam Lanza Have Been Stopped? Sandy Hook Report Cites Missed Chances To Avoid School Massacre, Cites ?Parental Denial'
- John Stamos helps turn on Xmas lights at Graceland
- Bill Cosby's lawyer criticizes media in statement
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion's costume up for sale
- Is Another Duggar Off the Market? Get the Scoop on John-David's Relationship Status
- Pregnant Liv Tyler and Boyfriend Dave Gardner Are All Smiles at London Event
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Actually a Lovely Singer and "Hanging Tree" From Mockingjay Will Haunt Your Dreams: Listen!