Katy Perry and Russell Brand Engaged in India?
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 5th 2010 11:27PM
Seventeenth century Indian ruler Shah Jahan the Magnificent gave his beloved wife the Taj Mahal - it's her eternal and very expensive resting place. Over 350 years later, it seems that vulgar British comedian Russell Brand might have given his beloved pop star Katy Perry a ring. A very big, fat, expensive ring, according to the UK's Daily Mail. A diamond is forever too, you know. It all went down on Dec. 31, just a train ride away from the Taj Mahal in Jaipur, India, according to Us Weekly.
Brand, 34, and Perry, 24, have been dating since September, when they reportedly met at the MTV Video Music Awards.
According to an October article in The Sun, Brand wrote Perry a love poem and asked for a romantic reply. She sent him a picture of her famous chest, "scrawling the word 'poem' across it."
At the MTV Europe Music Awards in November, the "I Kissed a Girl" songstress went public with the romance, rocking a hot soccer outfit with "Rusty" emblazoned across her rear.
Later that month Brand, a former heroin and sex addict and recovering alcoholic, met Perry's parents – both of whom are pastors. Brand told the Daily Mail's Nathan Kay, "I really like her parents, we got on well. But I'm not sure if I want them coming on holiday with us all the time." In that same interview he mentioned, "I'd love to marry Katy – hopefully it's heading that way and I'm really happy."
The elder Perrys didn't accompany the lovebirds on their holiday jaunt to India – which was reportedly inspired by Katy's taste for curry – and now it looks like Brand is getting his wish.
Perry Tweeted a photo of the two in front of the Taj Mahal on Dec. 29, writing, "He built this for me..." The next day she Tweeted, "In India, the motto is...you gotta go with the flow..."
According to Us Weekly, the question was popped on Dec. 31, the same day the couple was reportedly blessed by a love guru.
The flow was going.
And though the rock bestowed by Brand isn't quite as impressive as the massive Taj Mahal, if it's the "large, square-cut diamond" he was spotted gawking at Cartier in London on Dec. 12, he won't be knocked for holding back.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Posey, Fiancee Seana Gorlick Split: Teen Wolf Star Says "I Get Sad Talking About It"
- Lena Dunham Dyes Her Hair Green a la Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: See the Shocking Color Makeover!
- Brad Pitt Hits Between Two Ferns for Hilarious Interview With Zach Galifianakis: Watch Now!
- ?Judges Have No Jurisdiction In Where Someone Is Assigned,' Prison Official Says Of False Reports That Judge Sent Teresa Giudice To ?OINTB' Prison
- Headed For A Mistrial? Another Jodi Arias Juror Dismissed ? Over Nancy Grace!
- What Renee Zellweger said about plastic surgery ... in 2002
- ?Honey Boo Boo' in limbo after sex offender report
- 2014 'watershed year' for treatment of clergy in film?
- Jessica Lange Flawlessly Covers Lana Del Rey on American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Kyle Chandler's Back! Bloodline Stars All Your Favorites—See the Netflix Teaser!
- Brad Pitt Gets Awkward When Zach Galifianakis Asks Him About Famous Jennifer Aniston Friends Scene