Meet Kyla Weber: Vince Vaughn's New Wife
By Amber James Posted Jan 5th 2010 02:35PM
Much like his 'Wedding Crashers' character, actor Vince Vaughn seemed to love the single life. But that came to a halt when he tied the knot with Kyla Weber on January 2. Don't worry if you've never heard the bride's name. Weber is not an A-list actress but rather a real estate agent. So what's she got on Jennifer Aniston that made the 39-year-old 'Swingers' actor want to settle down and have kids?
Weber, 31, is a real estate agent from a small town outside of Calgary. While on a trip to Venice Beach in 2008, she met Vaughn through friends. The two have been inseparable since and have been photographed together eating sushi in Vegas and even attending a Dolly Parton concert.
From the beginning of their relationship, Vaughn seemed smitten with his new love and couldn't wait to introduce her to his family. According to friends, "Vince has met Kyla's whole family in Calgary. And she met his family in Chicago. They loved her!"
Weber also gained major points with Vaughn's co-workers and friends. In September, Peter Billingsley, who directed Vaughn in 'Couples Retreat' told PEOPLE, "I'm very happy for Vince. He's marrying an amazing girl."
Vaughn asked Weber to marry him last Valentine's Day. "I figured this is not a ship to be missed because I will not forget this date. So Valentines Day was the day that I asked her," he told Ellen DeGeneres. "She makes me laugh. She is wonderful. I'm just thrilled." Earlier reports said that Vaughn had dropped to one knee and presented her a $125,000, four-carat ring.
Their relationship started to heat up, and she moved to L.A. to be with Vaughn, her father Ken confirmed to the Canadian media. The couple were soon photographed in public usually cheering on Vaughn's favorite Chicago sports teams. In August, the couple cheered on the Chicago Cubs, and one onlooker gave RadarOnline the rundown of Vaughn's chivalrous sports etiquette.
"Vince brilliantly walked the line between devoted sports fan and doting partner with Kyla. When he wasn't clapping and rooting for his beloved Cubs, he had his arm around her in a really easy way," the onlooker said. "He was constantly looking over at Kyla with a smile on his face."
Recently, Vaughn told USA Today, "I am in a very happy, serious, committed relationship." And even told PEOPLE that he is finally ready to become a father. "It's the first time that I really want to have kids," he said. Sounds like he's met his match, and we cannot wait to see what the future holds for this lovely couple.
Vince Vaughn Photos
Vince Vaughn and Kyla Weber take in the sights of Rome back in October. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- Tribeca: Scorsese's Longtime Editor Thelma Schoonmaker Dissects 'Raging Bull'
- 'Orphan Black' Declassified: EP Breaks Down Season 2 Premiere's Big Reveals
- Former ABC News Exec David Burke Dies at 78
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- 'The Normal Heart' Trailer: Mark Ruffalo Speaks Out (VIDEO)
- Watch the Chilling Opening Scene to Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes' (VIDEO)
- Steven Spielberg's Next Movie May Be Religious Drama 'The Kidnapping of Eduardo Mortara'