Meet Matt Kemp: Rihanna's New Man
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 5th 2010 12:56AM
Rihanna right now. Did you catch her on 'SNL' in early December? Girl is made for HD. How about dipping her toes in the surf a week ago? God bless Barbados, her mama, Jay-Z, and whoever else is responsible for bringing RiRi into the world and sharing her with us. Though we can't say we've gotten as much of the star as we'd like. That privilege has been reserved for only a special few. On Monday that list became one stud longer as photos surfaced depicting Rihanna ringing in the new year in Dubai and Mexico with Dodgers slugger Matt Kemp. Who is he and what's he got on Chris Brown, Josh Hartnett and the other men of Rihanna's past?
For one, Kemp is just about as hot on the playing field as Rihanna is on the charts. The 25-year-old center fielder is coming off the best season of his young career, having just won the Gold Glove and Silver Slugger awards. And it's only getting better for the star-in-the making, who's due for salary arbitration this winter. MLB experts estimate the Oklahoma native could pull in over $4.7 million next year, a 1,000 percent increase over his 2009 salary, and about half what he'll likely make in 2011.
Rihanna knows how to put on a show. See pics of the singer in performances - and out in the world.
Coincidence that he's now putting the squeeze play on one of the entertainment world's hottest players? Perhaps. Rihanna, who is tied with Beyonce for most No. 1 singles by a female in the past decade (five), could date a beggar (or blogger), pop out and raise 29 kids and still have enough cash to spare on the newest Gulfstream. So lets just call it a good match.
And Kemp would say the same, at least if his previous comments on romance hold true. His perfect match is "independent, pretty and [has] good teeth," he told Yahoo Sports last summer (see above). Check, check, and Check.
Both young stars call Los Angeles home. Both know how to use Twitter (Rihanna here, Kemp here). Both hang in a star-studded pack – Kemp used to date LeToya Luckett (he even cameo'd in her "She Ain't Got" music video). And both love the Lakers.
Oh, and if it makes any difference, Matt Kemp's nickname is "The Bison."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- ?Scandal' star Scott Foley's Reddit AMA: 9 things we learned
- Debbie Gibson Blames Extreme Weight Loss on Terrifying Battle with Disease
- Lara Spencer Named New ?GMA' Co-Host
- Extra Scoop: 5 Biggest Reveals from the ?Scandal' Season 3 Finale and More!
- Gwen Stefani Joins The Voice as a Judge! Singer Will Replace Pregnant Christina Aguilera
- Kate Mara Wore Nipple Pasties With Kevin Spacey's Face on Them for Sex Scene Prank
- Kendra Wilkinson Shows Off Baby Bump in Bikini, Duchess Kate and Prince William Fight Back Tears: Top 5 Stories