Charlie Sheen is 'Solid as a Rock,' Says Jon Cryer
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 6th 2010 07:10AM
Charlie Sheen in jail, the actor has returned to the set of 'Two and a Half Men' - and according to his colleagues, Sheen has left his home troubles at home. "He's been incredibly professional, always, but especially in times of personal crisis," co-star Jon Cryer tells PEOPLE. "He is solid as a rock [and] today was no different. ... It's a very funny episode so it went well. Thankfully a good script can get everybody through awkward moments."
"He was in his usual good humor on read-through day but obviously with the weight of something hanging on him a bit," Cryer adds.
The actor admits that he experienced "total shock" when he heard of Sheen's Christmas Day fight with wife Brooke Mueller, but says, "He's been a good friend to me and it's painful. I love them both and they're a lovely couple.... I don't see that side of him. To me, he's been a great, loyal friend and a lovely guy to work with. He's a guy who dotes on his kids as much as any other father."
Reports that both Sheen and Mueller are still struggling with alcoholism troubles Cryer. "I know Charlie was immensely proud of his years of sobriety and I think that is the hardest thing they're both dealing with right now," he says. "I know it was very important to him and I'm sure that's one of the saddest aspects for him."
Chuck Lorre, the creator and executive producer of 'Two and a Half Men,' agrees that Sheen is doing a tremendous job of focusing on work. "In seven years and one hundred and fifty-two episodes, Charlie has never been anything other than a total pro. No entourage, no star trips, just a professional actor doing his job," Lorre says. "Apart from a few sick days and some babies being born, he hasn't missed a day of work. Beyond that he's been a good friend and colleague who's always fun to work with."
Charlie Sheen is back on the set of 'Two and a Half Men' after a troubling domestic dispute with his wife Brooke Mueller. See more pics of the actor >>
- Filed under:
- TV News
MORE ABOUT Charlie Sheen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Charlie Sheen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Had No Comment on Bruce Jenner Interview? "I Wasn't Asked"
- Bruce Jenner Was Terrified to Come Out to Children; Brandon Jenner Knew First
- Bruce Jenner Clarifies Gender Identity vs. Sexuality in Diane Sawyer Interview: "It's Apples and Oranges"
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"
- Bruce Jenner Reveals Kanye West's Words of Wisdom, Says Kim Kardashian Has Been ''By Far'' the Most Accepting of His Gender Transition