Eli Roth Steps in It -- It Being a Mess of Sea Urchins
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 6th 2010 12:14PM
'Inglourious Basterds' head-basher Eli Roth had a terrifying encounter with an army of sea urchins while on vacation in Mexico over the holidays.
The actor-director revealed to TMZ how while kayaking alone off the coast of Careyes ten days ago, he got pulled under unexpectedly by a sinkhole. Stranded in the water, he pulled himself up onto a nearby rock that he soon discovered was covered with spindly creatures. He tried to avoid the urchins but a wave emerged and knocked him off balance -- forcing the star to step directly on a bed of poison.
He was stung 200 times.
With both of his feet and palms littered with urchin pins and pain shooting throughout his body, Roth screamed for help and was aided by a nearby fisherman, who took him ashore.
Roth, 37, tells TMZ the swelling was so bad the doctor couldn't even use anesthesia as he pulled each spine from his feet with tweezers. "Be brave," the doctor told him.
The 'Hostel' director says he's still feeling the pain, but will hobble his way to the People's Choice Awards Wednesday night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Your move Netflix: Four Amazon pilots get picked up
- Iggy Pop, New Order, Patti Smith, the National and more jam at Carnegie Hall for Tibet benefit
- Christina Bianco wows with singer impressions, performs 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Kids' Choice Awards Sets First Performers and Presenters (Exclusive)
- China's New Plan: Tax Breaks for Movie Theaters
- India Box Office Grows 10 Percent in 2013
- Neil Patrick Harris on Broadway return in ?Hedwig and the Angry Inch' ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- ?Saturday Night Live' women (plus Lena Dunham!) try to move like Beyonce ? VIDEO
- Scarlett Johansson Is 'Really Impressed' by the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Script
- Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx Join Forces for 'The Black Phantom'
- Liam Neeson Has a Very Good Reason for Not Playing James Bond