J. Lo Ready to Take on 20-Something Pop Stars
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 6th 2010 10:09AM
At 40, Jennifer Lopez isn't slowing down. If anything, she's embracing life and not letting anyone hold her back. "What, because I have kids and a husband now I'm not supposed to be me? I'm a more heightened me if anything. Hyper J.Lo. Everything I wanted before, I want twice as much now," Lopez reveals in the February issue of ELLE. After the jump, Lopez gets candid about motherhood, in vitro fertilization and what it's like competing with twenty-something pop idols as a 40-year-old mom.
On why she never considered in vitro fertilization: "When it comes to family and relationships, I'm quite traditional. Just because of the way I was raised. And I also believe in God and I have a lot of faith in that, so I just felt like you don't mess with things like that. And I guess deep down I really felt like either this is not going to happen for me or it is. You know what I mean? And if it is, it will. And if it's not, it's not going to."
On the merit of her romantic comedies: "I think 'Maid in Manhattan' and 'Monster-in-Law' are very layered movies. And that's why they're so successful. People don't like sh--ty romantic comedies. Nothing that's sh--ty is going to make $100 million."
On competing with twenty-something pop idols as a 40-year-old mom: "This is what I do--what, because I have kids and a husband now I'm not supposed to be me? I'm a more heightened me if anything. Hyper J.Lo. Everything I wanted before, I want twice as much now. And that doesn't mean material things; it means to explore more, to think more. Being an artist doesn't start because you're 21, and it doesn't end because you're 51. You are who you are until the day you die."
>> See More J.Lo Photos From Elle Here
Jennifer Lopez Snapshots
Jennifer Lopez performs in Times Square for News Year's Eve in New York City. More J.Lo Pics >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Extra Scoop: Lindsay Lohan Dodges Sobriety Questions, Gives Pole Dancing Lesson
- Cute or Ew? 'Orange Is the New Black' Sneak Peek Reveals Piper's New Pastime in Solitary
- Clare Crawley Has a Message for ?Bachelor' Juan Pablo