How Did J.Lo Ever Wear That Outfit?
By Jo Piazza Posted Jan 6th 2010 05:00PM
Was Jenny just asking the wrong kids on the block for their opinion? We sure wish she had asked ours before she squeezed into the sparkly body condom. 73 percent of PopEater's 46,000 voters hated it! And the wisdom of crowds is never wrong. After the jump, PopEater examines the outfit.
We asked our experts what they thought, because frankly, who relies on their hubby and makeup artist's opinion before going on national television to ring in a new decade? It's like relying on your mom to tell you that you look pretty during puberty.
One train of thought is that now that Jenny has pushed 40, she's tryin' to keep up with the youngsters and their crazy fashion choices (a la Gaga's no-pants policy for 2009).
"Lopez has been out of the game for some time, and stepping back into a pop world now dominated by Lady Gagas and Rihannas requires more than just a song and dance to sell singles," said StyleList's Marissa Gold
But can one-upmanship really explain away a onesie on New Years?
"Everyone is trying to outdo each other now. These stars realize they can't be naked so they resort to this, even though body suits are not flattering and are not cool," said celebrity stylist Mary Alice Stephenson. "Cher is really the only one who could get away with it."
Beyond trying to best girls half her age, Stephenson believes J-Lo may be in a battle with herself to try to remain relevant.
"When stars have to push it to get attention they lose their filter about what looks OK and what does not. The bottom line is this is keeping her in the news and even though it might not be the attention she was hoping for it is attention nonetheless," Stephenson said.
The question that remains is how did J-Lo manage to get herself into the suit. Did she have help? Did Max and Emme each grab a leg and stuff. PopWrap's Ryan Brockington has the answer:
"With a chorizo maker!"
Jennifer Lopez Snapshots
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony arrive at the Miami Dolphins game at Landshark Stadium on January 3, 2010 in Miami, Florida. Celebrity Orange Carpet at Miami Dolphins Game Landshark Stadium Miami, FL United States January 3, 2010 Photo by John Parra/WireImage.com To license this image (59218524), contact WireImage.com
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Shocking Performance! Madonna & Taylor Swift Surprise iHeartRadio Fans
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap!
- What a Cutie! Carrie Underwood Shares First Photo of Her Baby Boy
- Rihanna Kills It At the iHeartRadio Awards, Performs New Track "Bitch Better Have My Money" In Shortest Dress Ever ? Watch!
- Taylor Swift Gushes Over Gina Rodriguez, Gets Lost Onstage At the iHeartRadio Awards ? Watch the Funny Clip Here
- The Walking Dead Season 6: Morgan Will Return, Daryl Loves Carol, and More Intel From The Talking Dead Finale