Adventure on the High Seas - Rihanna, Matt Kemp and 'Whale Wars'
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 6th 2010 12:04PM
Rihanna and Matt Kemp frolicked with dolphins down in Cabo yesterday. Horror director and 'Inglourious Basterds' actor Eli Roth was attacked by sea urchins. And Japanese whaler Shonan Maru 2 nearly killed 6 whale huggers when it rammed their boat in the Arctic.
This is What You're Searching For Today...
Whale Wars – The popular Animal Planet show captured some of its most exciting footage yet when a Japanese whaler collided with a conservation group's ship, shearing off its hull, and sending its passengers into a tizzy. Luckily, the only injuries incurred in the Antarctic smash-up were a few eco-terrorist broken ribs, and hurt feelings. The $1.5 million Ady Gil trimaran is beyond repair, says the anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. But the Institute of Caetacean Research (nice talk for "we kill whales") says it's not to blame. The Shonan Maru 2 had the right of way. Check out the awesome footage here.
Rihanna knows how to put on a show. See pics of the singer in performances - and out in the world.
Eli Roth – TMZ is reporting horror director and 'Inglourious Basterds' sidekick Eli Roth almost died in Mexico. According to the site, Roth was kayaking a mile off the coast when he capsized and marooned himself on a rocky outcropping covered in sea urchins that "unleashed scores of spikes into his body." He was rescued by a fisherman and taken to a doctor who yanked the stingers out of his body. "The Bear Jew was stung 200 times," reports TMZ.
Rihanna and Matt Kemp – Speaking of Mexico, our favorite new couple is getting snapped like crazy down in Cabo San Lucas. The Los Angeles Dodger and pop star said cheese while playing with dolphins on Tuesday. The same day, Kemp and Rihanna were spotted wearing ridiculous Mexican getups – Kemp a lucha libre mask and Rihanna a tiny sombrero cocked to the side. A day earlier they were seen smooching in a hot tub, and Kemp was captured grabbing RiRi's badonkadonk. Something tells us these lovebirds aren't trying to keep this romance a secret.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Make First Red Carpet Appearance as a Married Couple: Photos
- Brooklyn Decker Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband Andy Roddick
- Steve Jobs Review: Michael Fassbender, Kate Winslet, and Seth Rogen Shine in Cerebral Film
- Lovelorn fan proposes to Keira Knightely during Broadway debut
- Geena Davis, 59, to play 44-year-old Jon Hamm's daughter
- Jim Carrey's ex reportedly committed suicide using pills prescribed to the comedian
- Caitlyn Jenner Bares Cleavage in Red Outfit at Voices on Point Gala, Presents Award and Gets Standing Ovation
- Happy National Vodka Day! 10 Reality Stars Who May Be Celebrating the Tasty Holiday
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL Season 41 Premiere, Cries During Performance—Watch and Check Out the Best Sketches