Adventure on the High Seas - Rihanna, Matt Kemp and 'Whale Wars'
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 6th 2010 12:04PM
Rihanna and Matt Kemp frolicked with dolphins down in Cabo yesterday. Horror director and 'Inglourious Basterds' actor Eli Roth was attacked by sea urchins. And Japanese whaler Shonan Maru 2 nearly killed 6 whale huggers when it rammed their boat in the Arctic.
This is What You're Searching For Today...
Whale Wars – The popular Animal Planet show captured some of its most exciting footage yet when a Japanese whaler collided with a conservation group's ship, shearing off its hull, and sending its passengers into a tizzy. Luckily, the only injuries incurred in the Antarctic smash-up were a few eco-terrorist broken ribs, and hurt feelings. The $1.5 million Ady Gil trimaran is beyond repair, says the anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. But the Institute of Caetacean Research (nice talk for "we kill whales") says it's not to blame. The Shonan Maru 2 had the right of way. Check out the awesome footage here.
Rihanna knows how to put on a show. See pics of the singer in performances - and out in the world.
Eli Roth – TMZ is reporting horror director and 'Inglourious Basterds' sidekick Eli Roth almost died in Mexico. According to the site, Roth was kayaking a mile off the coast when he capsized and marooned himself on a rocky outcropping covered in sea urchins that "unleashed scores of spikes into his body." He was rescued by a fisherman and taken to a doctor who yanked the stingers out of his body. "The Bear Jew was stung 200 times," reports TMZ.
Rihanna and Matt Kemp – Speaking of Mexico, our favorite new couple is getting snapped like crazy down in Cabo San Lucas. The Los Angeles Dodger and pop star said cheese while playing with dolphins on Tuesday. The same day, Kemp and Rihanna were spotted wearing ridiculous Mexican getups – Kemp a lucha libre mask and Rihanna a tiny sombrero cocked to the side. A day earlier they were seen smooching in a hot tub, and Kemp was captured grabbing RiRi's badonkadonk. Something tells us these lovebirds aren't trying to keep this romance a secret.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Joan Hart Loses 40 Pounds: "I'm Slimmer Than Before the Baby!"
- Bachelor Juan Pablo Picks Nikki Ferrell: Former Bachelor Stars, Celebrities React With Shock, Disgust
- Game of Thrones Vanity Fair Cover; Show Creators Know How Series Ends
- Bad Boy Bachelor! Juan Pablo Rants Rudely To Host Chris Harrison, Refuses To Tell Nikki He Loves Her
- Lucky Break! Tori Spelling Settles $60M Lawsuit Over Claims She Stole The Idea For Her TV Show
- Justin Bieber gets May 5 trial date for DUI and other Florida charges
- Bratty Justin Bieber heading for career ruin?
- Source: Celebrity skin guru murder-for-hire arrest 'fishy'
- Total Divas' Brie Bella Dishes on Intense Feud between Nattie and Summer Rae
- Target Is Now in the Lead for Worst Photoshop Job Ever With This Horrifying Thigh Gap
- Juan Pablo Galavis Scraps Proposal Plans? Bachelor Told Producers He Had a Big Surprise for Nikki