Mariah Carey Delivers 2nd Strange Speech in a Row
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 7th 2010 07:05AM
Mariah Carey received accolades for her role in 'Precious,' but her allegedly less-than-sober acceptance speech for a Breakthrough Actress award at the Palm Springs Film Festival won a different kind of attention - and an oddly disjointed ramble during Wednesday night's People's Choice Awards makes two strange speeches for Mariah in as many nights. Get details after the jump.
People's Choice Recap: Bullock, Lautner and Depp Dominate
While the singer/actress looked glam - if dangerously busty - in her mermaid-style gown, it's clear Carey didn't go for an experimental walk before donning the tight dress for the award ceremony. Carey barely made it up the steps to the People's Choice stage, with more than a little help from her husband Nick Cannon.
Once arriving to take the award for Favorite R&B Artist, Carey appeared unsteady on her feet, but remembered to call out God, her crew and her husband "for helping me with this dress because ... it's a drama," before coyly thanking Cannon for "many other things I probably shouldn't mention."
See what Stylelist had to say about Carey's fashion choice.
Watch Mariah Carey at the People's Choice Awards
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'
- This Week on Stage: James Franco dishes, Audra McDonald dazzles (again)
- Is Gwen Stefani a good fit for ?The Voice'? ? POLL
- ?Salem' star Shane West knows nothing about ?Harry Potter' ? VIDEO
- Prince Releases Surprise Single! Hear It Now
- Is Miley Too Sick to Finish Bangerz Tour? Here's the Latest?