Mariah Carey Delivers 2nd Strange Speech in a Row
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 7th 2010 07:05AM
Mariah Carey received accolades for her role in 'Precious,' but her allegedly less-than-sober acceptance speech for a Breakthrough Actress award at the Palm Springs Film Festival won a different kind of attention - and an oddly disjointed ramble during Wednesday night's People's Choice Awards makes two strange speeches for Mariah in as many nights. Get details after the jump.
People's Choice Recap: Bullock, Lautner and Depp Dominate
While the singer/actress looked glam - if dangerously busty - in her mermaid-style gown, it's clear Carey didn't go for an experimental walk before donning the tight dress for the award ceremony. Carey barely made it up the steps to the People's Choice stage, with more than a little help from her husband Nick Cannon.
Once arriving to take the award for Favorite R&B Artist, Carey appeared unsteady on her feet, but remembered to call out God, her crew and her husband "for helping me with this dress because ... it's a drama," before coyly thanking Cannon for "many other things I probably shouldn't mention."
See what Stylelist had to say about Carey's fashion choice.
Watch Mariah Carey at the People's Choice Awards
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Woman who claimed to have third breast added is fake
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza spared prison over campaign funds violation
- ?True Detective': Will the real Vince Vaughn step forward?
- ?Lion King' musical has the top box office in entertainment
- ?Modern Family's' Sarah Hyland Fears for Her Life Because of ?Abusive' Ex-BF
- Sexy Kristin Cavallari Talks Beauty Tips and Motherhood
- Sofia Vergara Says She Wooed Joe Manganiello with Her New Fragrance
- Christina Aguilera Looks Slim One Month After Giving Birth to Daughter on Date Night With Fiance Matthew Rutler
- Jessica Simpson's Husband Eric Johnson Playfully Throws Son Ace Into the Air While Swimming: Picture
- Dancing With the Stars Season 19, Week 2 Results Recap: Which Contestant Was Eliminated?