Mariah Carey Delivers 2nd Strange Speech in a Row
By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 7th 2010 07:05AM
Mariah Carey received accolades for her role in 'Precious,' but her allegedly less-than-sober acceptance speech for a Breakthrough Actress award at the Palm Springs Film Festival won a different kind of attention - and an oddly disjointed ramble during Wednesday night's People's Choice Awards makes two strange speeches for Mariah in as many nights. Get details after the jump.
People's Choice Recap: Bullock, Lautner and Depp Dominate
While the singer/actress looked glam - if dangerously busty - in her mermaid-style gown, it's clear Carey didn't go for an experimental walk before donning the tight dress for the award ceremony. Carey barely made it up the steps to the People's Choice stage, with more than a little help from her husband Nick Cannon.
Once arriving to take the award for Favorite R&B Artist, Carey appeared unsteady on her feet, but remembered to call out God, her crew and her husband "for helping me with this dress because ... it's a drama," before coyly thanking Cannon for "many other things I probably shouldn't mention."
See what Stylelist had to say about Carey's fashion choice.
Watch Mariah Carey at the People's Choice Awards
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Christina Hendricks ditches skirt halfway through red carpet
- January Jones' confidence 'disappeared' when she became 'pretty'
- Miranda Lambert turns double amputee's dream into reality
- Extra Scoop: Does Taylor Swift Have a Hot New A-List BF? See the Pics
- Get Inspired by the T.G.I.T. Style of 'Scandal's' Lady Gladiators
- Make a Sexy Hair Statement for Spring in Two Easy Steps