VIDEOS: Stars Before They Were Famous
By Nana-Adwoa Ofori Posted Jan 7th 2010 12:05PM
Eating junk food has never looked so good. Brad Pitt must have aided Pringles sales through the roof during his early days as he devoured a can of Pringles with his sun kissed bleach blond hair flowing. Advertisers knew back then as well as they do now that sexy people can sell anything.
Matt LeBlanc used ketchup to catch the ladies before he landed the role of Joey Tribiani on 'Friends.' This Heinz Ketchup commercial did wonders for LeBlanc as it set the precendt for his cool "ladies man" vibe that he portrayed as his character Joey. Any man that goes to these lengths to impress a girl deserves to star in a hit sitcom.
Keanu Reeves will be forever famous for his contributions to such films as the 'Matrix' movies and 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.' Who knew that before he made it to the silver screen that he was also a poster boy for Kellogg's. The ultimate moment in this 20-second commercial is when Keanu makes a last-minute check to make sure the coast is clear before guiltily indulging in a spoonful of dry cereal. Priceless footage.
Elijah Wood has been working the beat since he was practically in diapers. As a quintessential child star, he had landed major roles in 'The Good Son' and 'The Adventures of Huck Finn' almost ten years before the first 'Lord of the Rings' movie ever debuted. With those adorable cheeks, Elijah could sell anything.
Before Kirstie Alley landed her role on 'Cheers,' she was really into game shows. She was once on 'Match Game' in 1979, winning $6,000 (so says Wikipedia) alongside Betty White and Jamie Lee Curtis (video here). She also made her presence known on 'Password Plus' in 1980, sharing the stage with Lucille Ball among other Hollywood royalty.
Before Steve Martin became a household name, he was a writer for the famous 'Smothers Brothers'. In 1968, Martin stepped into the game show lime light and starred on 'The Dating Game'. Check out this clip as he uses his comedic flare to win the heart of his date and eventually the world.
Vanna White is known as the beautiful face of the 'Wheel of Fortune,' but who knew that before she was known world wide for displaying vowels, she was one of the lucky contestants on 'The Price is Right.' That day she wore a tee-shirt with the words "Get Serious". Those words could not have been more true because her career took off and continues to soar as one of the most recognizable faces in game show history.
Farrah Fawcett embodied the American beauty unlike any other actress. Her iconic smile and charm caught the eye of Lee Majors, Ryan O'Neal and eventually the world. Before her rise to fame, Farrah had the opportunity to showcase her wit and grace for three bachelors to try and win her heart on 'The Dating Game' in 1969.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez "Not Mad" About Hot Bikini Body in Hamptons for Birthday With Leah Remini: Instagram Picture
- Jimmy Kimmel Shares Adorable First Photos of Baby Daughter Jane With Molly McNearney
- Beyonce Shares Adorable Family Photo With Blue, Jay Z Amidst Rumors of Marriage Problems: Picture
- Jessica Simpson Doesn’t Want Any More Kids
- Dwayne Johnson Teases ‘Shazam’ Role
- Why Kendall Jenner Is Quitting ‘KUWTK’
- From Vine to the Billboard charts: Teen singer Shawn Mendes has breakthrough
- Reba McEntire releases new song, 'Pray for Peace'
- EPA sends out tweet promoting Kim Kardashian game, apologizes for doing so
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Thankful for "Good Wishes" on Prince George's First Birthday
- Sneek Peak: An Angry Bird Lands on MTV's Finding Carter—Watch the Clip!
- Joan Rivers Tells Jennie Garth That She Looks Like a "Prostitute on a Safari"—See the Outrageous Moment!