Alyssa Milano Travels From Castles To Jersey Shore
By Jenna Busch Posted Jan 8th 2010 02:30PM
Alyssa Milano will be excited by a little casting news: Milano plays a "one that got away" ex on a episode of 'Castle.'We got a chance to chat with Milano about her upcoming guest spot, how far her relationship with Nathan Fillion's title character goes and if she's going to reappear on the show. We couldn't resist asking about her hilarious 'Jersey Shore' video for Funny or Die. Milano tells us how the whole thing came about... and she also admitted that she still hasn't seen an episode.
The message boards went crazy when it was announced that you would be playing Castle's ex-girlfriend. Can you tell us a bit about Kyra?
Yeah, she was Castle's girlfriend in college, and they were kind of first loves. And they drifted apart. She went off to London. And I'm not sure they ever really got over each other. So the episode starts...the first scene is that one of my bridesmaids is murdered and lo and behold, who shows up and is on the case, but Castle. So you can imagine the surprise when they both see each other. And for my character it's really about being faced with, you know, pretty much the love of your life on your wedding day. And what that means, and is it a sign. And is she doing the right thing, marrying this other man. And for Castle, who's a lot more 'fly by the seat of his pants', it's about holy s***, it's Kyra! So I think it's going to be a good episode. I haven't seen it yet, but what we shot was pretty dynamic.
Can you give us a little hint about how far the relationship goes?
I guess I can tell you that they kiss...I think that's all I can tell you. I'm trying to think if there is a way to set it up at the end. There is a resolve at the end...and there is definitely some, although Beckett (Stana Katic) is way to stoic to ever show my character that she's a little jealous, or any person that she's a little jealous, but you definitely get the feeling that her world is slightly rocked by Kyra showing up.
Is this going to be a recurring character?
I don't know. I'd love to go back. I'm starting my show at the end of January, so I'm not quite sure if our schedules will allow that, but yeah, I'd love to go back. I had such a great experience doing it. It's so much fun.
I have to ask you about the Funny or Die video you did mocking 'Jersey Shore'. That was so funny! How did that come about?
I was at the UNICEF Snowflake gala, and someone on the red carpet asked me if I had seen 'Jersey Shore', and I said no, but my husband and I watched the trailer on YouTube just last night, so it kind of upset me. So I don't think I'll be watching it. Well, that created such a firestorm and the headlines were, 'Alyssa Milano Hates Jersey Shore'. All I said was that it upset me. And I was talking to my brother the next day, about this firestorm that it had created. And my brother looked at me and said, 'You should call Funny or Die.' And I thought, oh my god, that's a great idea. So I was on the phone with them the next morning, and they came up with this idea, which I loved, because I'm a huge fan of the Dove evolution campaign. And then 24 hours later, I was in the studio shooting it, and 48 hours later, it was up already. When things fall into place that easily, somehow they were meant to be. I had a great time doing it and I was thrilled with the response. I think it's a cool video.
Can you tell us about your new show?
Sure! It's called 'Romantically Challenged' and it's a half hour sitcom for ABC. It will air mid-season
MORE ABOUT Alyssa Milano
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Alyssa Milano Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Andi Dorfman, Fiance Josh Murray Mock Her Famous Frown in Cute Family Picture After Bachelorette Finale
- Zac Efron Reunites With Michelle Rodriguez on Luxury Yacht in Ibiza, Spain: Pictures
- Chris Pratt Gushes About "Sexy" Anna Faris, Says Son Jack Loves "Monster Trucks" and "Tried to Skateboard"
- Usher Attend The 15th Anniversary Kick Off Celebration Of Usher’s New Look
- Julia Roberts Doesn't Address Sister's Death In TODAY Chat; Says She ?Wouldn't Survive' As Up-And-Coming Actress In Times Of ?Nasty' Social Media
- Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson; A Look At Best-Ever Biopics
- Keith Urban 'horrified' by alleged rape, multiple arrests at Massachusetts concert
- Deep Thoughts by Monica Lewinsky: Why she stopped watching ?Orange is the New Black'
- Golfer Dustin Johnson leaves tour to seek 'professional help'
- Justin Bieber Moves Past Orlando Bloom Drama, Posts Flirty Selfie With Model Pal Shanina Shaik
- Wait, What?! Cobie Smulders Was Almost Kate on Lost! Plus, Hear How HIMYM Made Her "F—king Weep"
- Don't Ever Change, Real Housewives of New Jersey! The Ladies Throw Down at a First-Responders Party—Watch Now