Sharon Stone: I Didn't Insult Meryl Streep
By Mike Hess Posted Jan 8th 2010 08:50PM
Sharon Stone is fighting back against a magazine quote in which the actress seemed to bash Meryl Streep, as Stone tells PopEater exclusively that the publication took her quote completely out of context. "It is not ok with me for someone to take a statement I made with good-natured intent and to try and make it in to something politically incorrect," Stone tells PopEater. More exclusive quotes from Stone and the quote she's angry about after the jump!
The quote in UK's Tattler Magazine (via Huffington Post), had Stone saying: "I think that's why Meryl Streep is working so much, because she looks like a woman we can all relate to ... Meryl looks like an unmade bed, and that's what I look like. To me, that looks true."
Stone refutes how that quote is being portrayed, telling PopEater: "My love and support for what she [Streep] represents for women right now is extraordinarily important."
Her publicist agrees, adding that "the full context of what Sharon said about Meryl Streep in her interview with Tattler Magazine was meant as a compliment. Sharon greatly admires Meryl as a person, an actress, and as a friend."
The 'Basic Instinct' and 'Casino' actress also allegedly says in the Tattler interview: "I look at her and I think, 'I'm chasing my kids, I've moved my parents in with me, I'm coping with food spills - that looks like me in real life.'"
Also in the Tattler interview, Stone denies having any plastic surgery done, but then is quoted saying she did have work done once. "I have had zero, nothing done to myself: no lifting, no Botox, no injectables," she said. "I did try something once and I saw myself in a movie and didn't like the way I looked. I thought I looked like I had a giant balloon head, and I felt it wasn't for me.
Sharon Stone Photos
Sharon Stone arrives at the premiere of "Crazy Heart" at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, California. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up
- Taylor Swift applauds Emma Watson's speech on feminism
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Ben Affleck Berates Jon Stewart For Spoiling 'Gone Girl' in Outrageous 'Daily Show' Interview
- 'The Voice' Recap: Can Pharrell Break Blake Shelton's Country Music Reign?
- New 'Horrible Bosses 2' Trailer Shows Awkward Sex Therapy Session
- ?Sons of Anarchy' star Theo Rossi names another show that made him cry
- That ?Tetris' movie you always wanted is finally happening
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Miles Teller Says the 'Fantastic Four' Reboot Is 'Different in Every Way' From Original
- 11 Essential 'Gilmore Girls' Episodes You Should Definitely Watch On Netflix (VIDEO)
- 'Tetris' Will Become a Movie for Some Reason