Sharon Stone: I Didn't Insult Meryl Streep
By Mike Hess Posted Jan 8th 2010 08:50PM
Sharon Stone is fighting back against a magazine quote in which the actress seemed to bash Meryl Streep, as Stone tells PopEater exclusively that the publication took her quote completely out of context. "It is not ok with me for someone to take a statement I made with good-natured intent and to try and make it in to something politically incorrect," Stone tells PopEater. More exclusive quotes from Stone and the quote she's angry about after the jump!
The quote in UK's Tattler Magazine (via Huffington Post), had Stone saying: "I think that's why Meryl Streep is working so much, because she looks like a woman we can all relate to ... Meryl looks like an unmade bed, and that's what I look like. To me, that looks true."
Stone refutes how that quote is being portrayed, telling PopEater: "My love and support for what she [Streep] represents for women right now is extraordinarily important."
Her publicist agrees, adding that "the full context of what Sharon said about Meryl Streep in her interview with Tattler Magazine was meant as a compliment. Sharon greatly admires Meryl as a person, an actress, and as a friend."
The 'Basic Instinct' and 'Casino' actress also allegedly says in the Tattler interview: "I look at her and I think, 'I'm chasing my kids, I've moved my parents in with me, I'm coping with food spills - that looks like me in real life.'"
Also in the Tattler interview, Stone denies having any plastic surgery done, but then is quoted saying she did have work done once. "I have had zero, nothing done to myself: no lifting, no Botox, no injectables," she said. "I did try something once and I saw myself in a movie and didn't like the way I looked. I thought I looked like I had a giant balloon head, and I felt it wasn't for me.
Sharon Stone Photos
Sharon Stone arrives at the premiere of "Crazy Heart" at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, California. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Snubbed! Golden Globes leave Winfrey, Hanks, Scorcese out in the cold
- Golden Globes: Full list of movie and television nominees
- Golden Globe nominations revealed!
- Golden Globes: 'House of Cards' Leads, Rush of New Blood Prompts Snubs
- ABC Orders Four More Episodes of 'Shark Tank' (Exclusive)
- Golden Globes: '12 Years A Slave,' 'American Hustle' Dominate Film Noms
- No Oprah? No Scorsese? What were the Golden Globes' most egregious snubs?
- Susan Sarandon was high during all those award shows; Well, except the Oscars ? VIDEO
- TV Recap: ?Modern Family,' ?Nashville,' ?American Horror Story: Coven' ? VIDEO
- Peter Jackson Is Making a 'Tintin' Sequel After 'The Hobbit' Trilogy
- Fantasy Movie Mistakes: 31 Fantastical Film Flubs (PHOTOS)
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' Review: 10 Things to Know About the Real-Life Disney Tale