Top 5 Elvis Presley YouTube Videos
By Sam Brand Posted Jan 8th 2010 01:17PM
Elvis Presley turns 75 today. He's out there somewhere with thick sunglasses, sequins, and a salt-and-pepper pompadour, maybe sitting at a rusty one-armed bandit outside Reno, probably laughing at all those who think he's dead. We at PopEater know you're alive, Elvis. At the very least, we know you'll live on for eternity on YouTube. Here are our favorites of the Elvis Presley YouTube videos...
"Heartbreak Hotel" - 1956
Presley's first number one hit, "Heartbreak Hotel" was the future of music. To say it lit girls' hearts on fire would be an understatement. Picture Luke Perry, Andrew Shue, Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Arsenio Hall forming a boy band at the peak of their fame in the early '90s. Elvis was bigger than that. And he was very clearly better. Tell us he wouldn't win 'American Idol' today and sell more records than Daughtry, Carrie Underwood and Susan Boyle combined.
"Jailhouse Rock" - 1957
Look at those moves! At first that leg shake shimmy seems a bit silly. But Elvis keeps it up, nails the beat with every drunken bone in his body, and a minute in we're convinced The King could keep up with today's more acrobatic pop stars. Not that we'd want to see Old Elvis on a trampoline (see: Chris Brown) or trapeze (see: Pink). On second thought...
"All Shook Up" - '68 Comeback Special - 1968
Honorably discharged from the army in 1960, Elvis took to Hollywood, making 27 movies during the decade. By 1968, The King wasn't taken too seriously as a musician, as more daring acts like The Beatles, The Doors and Jimi Hendrix emerged from the haze of post-'50s disenchantment to steal music lovers' hearts. Elvis' 1968 Christmas telecast, then called simply 'Elvis,' now known as the '68 Comeback Special, was supposed to change all of that. If it didn't put Presley back on the cutting-edge, it did remind America that he's probably the best performer we'd ever have.
"Fever" - Live in Hawaii - 1973
If the lei isn't enough cheese for you, check out that awkward editing and Mondrian-esque split-screen. But this song is sexy. You can hear the Honolulu honies going gaga for the 42-year-old sex symbol. Never mind that this song doesn't officially belong to Elvis (Little Willie John's original spent three weeks at No. 1 in 1956). Unofficially, it definitely belongs to Elvis, the biggest Willie in the building.
"My Way" - 1977
Recorded during Elvis' final tour, just two months before his untimely death, Elvis' rendition of the Frank Sinatra classic is a fitting swan song for the rock 'n' roll pioneer. Look at those grade-A prime mutton chops. That over-sized gold-platted collar. That voice. It couldn't be anyone except Elvis. He definitely did it his way.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt French Braids a Random Girl's Hair During Interview
- Zach Braff Records Sweet Video for Biggest Fan: Watch Now
- Kim Kardashian Shares Picture of Daughter North West After She Takes First Steps, Completes Swimming Lessons
- Duran Duran files lawsuit accusing fan club of breach of contract
- Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas bond while filming 'And So It Goes'
- CBS says new 'Late Show' host Stephen Colbert to keep show in NYC
- Bromance Alert! Zac Efron and Robert Pattinson Have a Guys Night Out in Hollywood—All the Details!
- Tori Spelling "Working on Things" With Dean McDermott, Hopes to Have "Candid" Talk With Their Kids One Day
- North West Takes Her First Steps! Proud Mom Kim Kardashian Shares the Exciting News With Adorable Photo