Jay Leno May Walk Out of NBC, Too
By Rob Shuter Posted Jan 13th 2010 07:05AM
More Jay details after the jump, plus Ryan's teary-eyed Simon emotions and why Brangelina won't be at the Globes after the jump!
First Conan O'Brien Leaves, Now Jay Leno?
Sources close to former 'Tonight Show' host Jay Leno tell me he is furious with the way NBC has treated him and Conan O'Brien and is considering walking away from the entire mess with his head held high. "Now that Conan has made it clear he is leaving the troubled network, Jay is considering doing the same. They have put Jay in a terrible position. It looks like he is the reason that Conan is now without a job. Jay is a great guy and it's not fair that due to NBC's stupidity he looks like the bad guy," a TV insider tells me.
"Plus, what happens when Jay does return to the 11:35 slot if his audience doesn't immediately follow? How can he possibly trust the same network that canceled Conan after only seven months?"
Check out the morals on Jay! Good for him for sticking up for the guy he essentially got shoved out. And remember, if this mess continues and Jerry Seinfeld winds up on NBC, you heard it here first.
Ryan in Tears Over Split From Simon
Just before Simon Cowell announced he was quitting 'Idol,' he called the one person in the world that he just can't quit. No, not Paula Abdul -- Simon called Ryan Seacrest. "It was a very emotional conversation with lots of tears and laughter." Stop the presses! Simon cries? "Yes he does." a source tells me. And despite the fact that Simon swears Ryan was "popping Champagne bottles" to celebrate his departure (via Extra), I'm hearing otherwise.
When I met Ryan a few years ago, he told me how much Simon meant to him and I would often see them out together. "Ryan is devastated by the news. Taking it much harder than anyone else. It's not just that he will no longer be working with his best friend, he also knows 'Idol' is the center of what has made him so successful. Without 'Idol,' Ryan wouldn't have E!, wouldn't have his current radio gig and wouldn't have made it onto People's 'Most Sexy' list," which apparently is a big deal to little Ryan.
But fear not, Seacrest! Look at how well Jessica is doing without Nick. Oh, wait a minute.
And not to play "I told you so," (I'm too classy!) but remember last week when I said Simon was on his way out and 'Idol' would be minimizing his role this year? Well ...
Angie Ditches the Globes Without Telling Brad!
Everyone was surprised yesterday when Angelina Jolie's stylist announced the couple wouldn't be attending Sunday's Golden Globe Awards in Hollywood, but no one was more surprised than Brad himself. "He thought he was going to support his nominated film 'Inglourious Basterds.' He's very close friends with director Quentin Tarantino and very proud of his work in this film," an astonished friend revealed to me.
Put away the tux, Brad -- Angie has spoken and you will be watching it on the TV like the rest of us.
Got a tip for Rob? Email him at NaughtyNiceRob@aol.com
Follow Rob on FaceBook: www.hs.facebook.com/rshuter
Who's Rob Shuter? Read His Bio
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kaley Cuoco Officially Debuts Blonder, Shaggier Pixie Cut on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Teresa Giudice Gets Thrown In Nicole Napolitano's Line of Fire on Upcoming Real Housewives of New Jersey: Exclusive Clip
- Nicole Kidman Delivers Eulogy at Dad Antony's Funeral: He Helped Me Through Tom Cruise Split, Was "On a Plane Hours After" Divorce
- Nicole Kidman & Husband Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony At His Sydney Funeral, Sing Duet Of ‘Amazing Grace’
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony With Vivid Memories, Duet Of ?Amazing Grace,' As Russell Crowe Lends Support As Pallbearer
- Booty Battle! Jennifer Lopez & Iggy Azalea Shake Their Bottoms In New Music Video
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: How I found out nude pics had leaked
- Jason Aldean: Get over affair and stop calling me 'bro country'
- Gerard Depardieu says he can drink 12-14 bottles of wine a day
- Nashville Premiere Sneak Peek: Rayna Decides Who She's Going to Marry—Does She Pick Luke or Deacon? Watch Now!
- Téa Leoni Finally Addresses David Duchovny Divorce: "I Don't Know How I Could Ever Hate Him"
- First iPhone 6 Owner Drops It on Live TV; Perth Man Was "in a Panic to Get It Open"—Watch Now!